HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Sectionals Results???

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
student

PostSubject: Re: Sectionals Results???   Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:00 am

driver, what???
and you other guys why all the f'ton hate. not r call on the bhs trip
Back to top Go down
View user profile
driver59

PostSubject: Re: Sectionals Results???   Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:17 am

no one is saying its F,ton fault at least im not , im putting the blame on the NBIAA. sorry for the misunderstanding student
Back to top Go down
View user profile
obcnamtaf

PostSubject: Re: Sectionals Results???   Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:13 am

Student...just to clarify , it was the FHS call on Friday morning when they informed the NBIAA that they would not be travelling Saturday , which started the tailspin , that took away BHS's right to host a sectional .....even though BHS organizers wanted to wait til Saturday morning to make the call....which every other team did , and every other team travelled...FHS wouldn't change..then BMHS did the same on Sunday...and it is what it is...advantage GT....BHS is not dwelling on it...nothing could be done...they are just gonna get ready to play....
That is the way things go when you live in the nether regions of Northern NB on the edge of the planet...

I think the double standard re officials is a bit unfair.....but again not a big deal....it's only money.....

Back to top Go down
View user profile
student

PostSubject: Re: Sectionals Results???   Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:22 am

school was cancelled early friday-no travel. how many sectionals were played on regular schedule? ah... none. everyone had a few tears in the cornflakes. same with the ref mixups. they altered because they were also reffing other games on all those days. lots of scrambling to get guys. you should see what we had in wdstk. always the whining from the north.
nether regions...edge of the planet...give me a break.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maripac30

PostSubject: Re: Sectionals Results???   Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:36 am

student wrote:
school was cancelled early friday-no travel. how many sectionals were played on regular schedule? ah... none. everyone had a few tears in the cornflakes. same with the ref mixups. they altered because they were also reffing other games on all those days. lots of scrambling to get guys. you should see what we had in wdstk. always the whining from the north.
nether regions...edge of the planet...give me a break.
Did yoiu actually read his post. No where does he mention Friday. Talking about Saturday and the fact the FHS made their decision on Friday refusing to wait and see what the weather on Saturday was going to be like. Every other sectional played the wait and see game and every other sectional played on Saturday . DRHS was able to travel to Harvey, DP was able to travel to Campbellton., etc
Maybe before you shoot your mouth off about somebodies post you should actually read it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
obcnamtaf

PostSubject: Re: Sectionals Results???   Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:42 am

heheheh...missed the point again big guy....FHS cancelled SATURDAYS travel on FRIDAY morning....although their girls team did travel Saturday...hmmmm....oh yeah the boys had to come north.....a lot further and no problem...we are not blaming anybody.... couldn't be helped....why the hate towards the North ??.....

Back to top Go down
View user profile
lebronrocks

PostSubject: Re: Sectionals Results???   Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:46 am

Interesting shizzle dudes. One of my BHS buds told me that FHS did go up to Bathurst Sunday. What more can ya ask. He said they didn't have Esson and Durling ? Where were they. Sure hope they are back for Tuesday. Looks like the delay helped some teams.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller004

PostSubject: Re: Sectionals Results???   Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:57 am

obcnamtaf wrote:
heheheh...missed the point again big guy....FHS cancelled SATURDAYS travel on FRIDAY morning....although their girls team did travel Saturday...hmmmm....oh yeah the boys had to come north.....a lot further and no problem...we are not blaming anybody.... couldn't be helped....why the hate towards the North ??.....

Lets be clear, FHS did not travel on Saturday because a certaiin coach wanted to watch his son play his last home game at UNB on Sat night, the revamped Sat-Sun schedule that every other Sectional used did not accomodate this wish. Had nothing to do with the pending weather or travelling to the north
Back to top Go down
View user profile
student

PostSubject: Re: Sectionals Results???   Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:06 am

maripac, you should read obe's first line "called early friday morning" which is where i took my timing of the call from. and they did travel without the injured and sick to play sunday. the sad part is you can't whip yourselves into a frenzy without a scapegoat. where's the focus? the professionalism? do you have to run the propaganda just to inspire the troops?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maripac30

PostSubject: Re: Sectionals Results???   Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:28 am

student wrote:
maripac, you should read obe's first line "called early friday morning" which is where i took my timing of the call from. and they did travel without the injured and sick to play sunday. the sad part is you can't whip yourselves into a frenzy without a scapegoat. where's the focus? the professionalism? do you have to run the propaganda just to inspire the troops?
Thanks for proving my point, you read the first 4 words and that was enough. If you had read the whole sentence you would have seen that they cancelled for Saturday early Friday unlike everyone else in the province.
As for the rest, I couldn't care less about the AAA boys, have no connection to BHS (you might recall that I am the guy who crapped all over States for dunking 8 times on ESN but of course that would involve more reading so you probably missed it) or any other school and am not trying to inspire anyone nor do I have any opinion regarding FHS.

I just wish people would actually read before the react

Back to top Go down
View user profile
student

PostSubject: Re: Sectionals Results???   Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:41 am

struggled with reading in school. gr 4 was the toughest 5 yrs of my life. and im seeing some letters dakcwrads. why you got to pick on me/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maripac30

PostSubject: Re: Sectionals Results???   Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:44 am

student wrote:
struggled with reading in school. gr 4 was the toughest 5 yrs of my life. and im seeing some letters dakcwrads. why you got to pick on me/
slow morning, nothing else to do
Back to top Go down
View user profile
student

PostSubject: Re: Sectionals Results???   Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:54 am

understood
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach12

PostSubject: Re: Sectionals Results???   Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:30 pm

baller004 wrote:
obcnamtaf wrote:

Lets be clear, FHS did not travel on Saturday because a certaiin coach wanted to watch his son play his last home game at UNB on Sat night, the revamped Sat-Sun schedule that every other Sectional used did not accomodate this wish. Had nothing to do with the pending weather or travelling to the north

WOW...this is a little harsh/crazy...where would you ever get this? That is a crazy statement to make...and didn't seem to get noticed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: Sectionals Results???   Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:58 pm

BMHS over Fredericton . . .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ForceHimLeft

PostSubject: Re: Sectionals Results???   Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:55 pm

CoachDJR wrote:
BMHS ocver Fredericton . . .
cash. thats whats up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
basketballnb

PostSubject: Re: Sectionals Results???   Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:35 pm

We talkin bout practice wrote:
Devon Park over Surgarloaf
yeah not hard to win with your own refs...dirty game, not fair what so ever!!! should be replayed with proper refs whom are not for a CERTAIN team!!!!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coachmac

PostSubject: Re: Sectionals Results???   Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:18 pm

basketballnb wrote:
yeah not hard to win with your own refs...dirty game, not fair what so ever!!! should be replayed with proper refs whom are not for a CERTAIN team!!!!

Just to set the record straight, in spite of this person having the same name as my site, that is not me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.homesmoncton.com
EastSide

PostSubject: Re: Sectionals Results???   Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:53 pm

Wasn't the game played in Sugarloaf? ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lebronrocks

PostSubject: Re: Sectionals Results???   Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:00 pm

BHS over McNauhton tonite. I don't know the score but I heard it was not close.

BHS vs LHHS at Harbour Station
Back to top Go down
View user profile
b-ballplaya23

PostSubject: Re: Sectionals Results???   Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:11 pm

basketballnb wrote:

I was there, and the game was called quite well actually. Dirty? I do believe Sugarloaf had 1 unsportsmanlike foul, and should have had another one when their big ripped a DP Player's head off.

Overall, the game was called evenly. Both teams put up a good fight, and it was the best game I've personally watched in over 3 years.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BlindAsABat

PostSubject: Re: Sectionals Results???   Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:40 pm

Maripac30 wrote:
CoachDJR wrote:
1 - Am I reading the NBIAA web site correctly BHS beat Oromocto today, but FHS gets a home playoff game vs BMHS Monday and then the winners will play Tues?
You are reading that correctly. Don't know all the details but I heard that the BHS organizers are not impressed. Also heard that they are not allowed to use local guys and must bring in refs from Moncton for the Tuesday final but they are using Fredericton refs for the game at FHS on Monday.
I guess not all teams have to play by the same rules.
BMHS seems to be getting the short end of the stick. I am sure they would rather play in a neutral gym than at FHS. I guess there is a pecking order within the Golden Triangle too
What are you implying about the refs here?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maripac30

PostSubject: Re: Sectionals Results???   Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:14 am

BlindAsABat wrote:
Maripac30 wrote:
CoachDJR wrote:
1 - Am I reading the NBIAA web site correctly BHS beat Oromocto today, but FHS gets a home playoff game vs BMHS Monday and then the winners will play Tues?
You are reading that correctly. Don't know all the details but I heard that the BHS organizers are not impressed. Also heard that they are not allowed to use local guys and must bring in refs from Moncton for the Tuesday final but they are using Fredericton refs for the game at FHS on Monday.
I guess not all teams have to play by the same rules.
BMHS seems to be getting the short end of the stick. I am sure they would rather play in a neutral gym than at FHS. I guess there is a pecking order within the Golden Triangle too
What are you implying about the refs here?
I wasn't implying anything about the refs. I was making a comment about the double standard implemented by the NBIAA. FHS was allowed to use local refs and BHS had to bring them in (with the added expense) from Moncton.
I guess you should be asking "What is the NBIAA implying about the refs in Bathurst?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller24

PostSubject: Re: Sectionals Results???   Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:29 am

That is typical
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Jaxxson

PostSubject: Re: Sectionals Results???   Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:58 am

The game was played in sugarloaf however both refs were from fredericton area
Back to top Go down
View user profile