HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast
 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Lower Mainland AAA Draw and Results

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Who will won the "AAA" Lower Mainlands
Bby South
38%
 38% [ 11 ]
Palmer
24%
 24% [ 7 ]
VC
10%
 10% [ 3 ]
Tupper
14%
 14% [ 4 ]
Kits
7%
 7% [ 2 ]
Byrne Creek
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Other
7%
 7% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 29
 

AuthorMessage
bball_6319



Posts : 41
Join date : 2010-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Lower Mainland AAA Draw and Results   Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:37 pm

Yes, thank Ebe for clarifying all of the calculations. It seems that baller1000 either cannot read or is just plain unable to comprehend your explanation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Naismith



Posts : 39
Join date : 2011-02-10
Location : Fraser Valley

PostSubject: Re: Lower Mainland AAA Draw and Results   Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:45 pm

Ebe, how did St. Georges & VC get in the provincials in 2009? Did the Saints use a similar back-door challenge or did the mathematical calculation allow 2 berths to the independants? I believe the LM used a 16 team tournament that year. Am I right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CharlesII



Posts : 74
Join date : 2010-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Lower Mainland AAA Draw and Results   Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:28 pm

Naismith wrote:
Ebe, how did St. Georges & VC get in the provincials in 2009? Did the Saints use a similar back-door challenge or did the mathematical calculation allow 2 berths to the independants? I believe the LM used a 16 team tournament that year. Am I right?

Naismith, that one year the rule hadn't changed to 1 berth from the independent league. So both teams were able to advance to lower mainlands, and if my memory serves me right. St. Georges came in 5th that year in Lower Mainlands but was able to win it all, great story.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sportvictoria



Posts : 544
Join date : 2010-11-28
Age : 47
Location : Victoria BC Canada

PostSubject: Re: Lower Mainland AAA Draw and Results   Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:18 am

baller1000 wrote:
With all due respect then, maybe you could answer my questions:

Did the change from 16 - 12 teams last year trigger the loss of one berth to the LMZ?

Did that change not eliminate the possibility of a second berth for the Independents?

Is it not conceivable that the independents would object to that when others with conflicting interests are making decisions that affect them?

The LM has all the cards and the Vancouver League acting in concert with them have isolated the independents by reshuffling the deck.

You can dress it up any way you want, but that was the objective from the start by the LM zone and they got their way last year.

Apparently, the BCHSBBA recognized that and has taken the appropriate action to achieve what what is intended by the clause in the BCHSBBA constitution that allows for the possibility of small zones to apply for a 2nd berth.

That is apparently in the spirit of the constitution but the LM doesn't agree.


Baller1000... you ask question... it gets answered... you then ask the same question again...

How about you look back at some of the posts and see if your question has been answered.

Maybe save everyone some time.

Lyle Dhur
Sportvictoria
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Sportvictoria.com
oldbulldog



Posts : 68
Join date : 2009-11-19
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Lower Mainland AAA Draw and Results   Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:06 am

Tuesday March 8 at Killarney
Game 4 7:30pm St. Georges 54 vs Kitsilano 60

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sportvictoria



Posts : 544
Join date : 2010-11-28
Age : 47
Location : Victoria BC Canada

PostSubject: Kitsilano survived the challenge   Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:07 am

Kitsilano 60
St. George's 54

Kitsilano will go to the BCs are LM5.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Sportvictoria.com
Pooch



Posts : 131
Join date : 2011-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Lower Mainland AAA Draw and Results   Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:36 am

The issue as so many have pointed out is not the number of berths the LM gets to the BC's. That is purely a numbers thing and not related to how the LM zone decides who those reps will be.
The heart of the problem comes when people who have a conflict of interest are those making the decisions.
The BC body does not include people who are active coaches today and it is their job to make the BC tournament the best it can be. They have nothing to gain or lose from any decision.
The Lower Mainland Zone is run, as are the others, by current coaches for whom every decision they make has repercussions for them. They do not always do what is best for the tournament as they naturally consider what is right for them.
Most people would agree that the BC's should be about the best teams. The "regional" argument is a smoke screen although one with history. It can still be regional to some extent but must if it is to remain the quality tournament it has always been, try to also accommodate the best.
Last year, it was a travesty to see St. George's and Emerson Murray not have the chance to compete.
The LM body can rightly point to the numbers argument. The Independent League is only comprised of two teams, so with that should only get one berth. We all know they would love to be in a larger league, but the LM schools will not allow them in. As a result it can happen, as it did last year, that one of BC's best teams did not have the opportunity to get in because the other team in their league did. I believe they were both top 5 provincially. Anyone interested in fair play can see that was unfair. The second place team, had they been in any other league in the province would have been able to qualify.
No matter what the LM zone says about the democratic process...it is flawed when the only ones who can vote all have self-interests involved.
In an effort to be fair and not have this happen again, the BC body has a process that says if there is a team anywhere in BC that could reasonably have been expected to qualify for the BC's but does not have that opportunity at playoff time it can be granted a chance at a path into the BC's. It is what is best for the tournament. That path for St. Georges was determined by the LM zone. It was tough, but then it was tough for all the teams who qualified. No real complaint. Ask VC, Tupper, Palmer etc. if their path was easy.
I think to anyone outside the LM zone group of coaches this seems fair and reasonable. The right thing to do. We don't want to see a repeat of the situation from a few years ago where the number 1 and 2 ranked schools were from a zone with only one berth and some great kids and a great team did not get to participate while much lesser teams did.This year Saints were ranked 10th and coming on at the end of the season. It was reasonable to assume they would be a real contender for a berth out of their LM zone so the BC body said "give them a shot somehow". They suggested several ways. One was to expand the LM tournament and give them the same shot as all the other teams. This was rejected and they were given the tough path we have seen end tonight.
The real solution to all of these issues is to take the decisions out of coaches' hands. Interested adults who are not affiliated with any teams, but who love the tournament would make much fairer decisions and there would be far less acrimony.
Congratulations to Kits for winning tonight.
You have proven you deserve to be there.
Saint Georges also deserved the right to prove that they belonged and fell short.


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trey



Posts : 89
Join date : 2010-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Lower Mainland AAA Draw and Results   Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:49 am

Kits deserved to be there after beating DT on Saturday. Saints was ranked too high and didn't deserve to have this play in. Good for Kits and hopefully people will realize that nobody deserves anything in sports and hopefully we will find out what happened behind the scenes to push this decision through. Congrats to Kits, you were put through the ringer on this and someone should apologize for this mess. Wish I could have seen the game, hopefully the Saints players and supporters were classy in defeat. I heard that Saints defended the wrong basket at the start of the second half, is that true?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pooch



Posts : 131
Join date : 2011-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Lower Mainland AAA Draw and Results   Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:00 am

You are right.
Kits deserved to be there.
Saints, whose ranking was given by others than you, also deserved a shot at getting in.
It did not have to be at Kits' expense. That process was decided by the LM zone. They could have let Saints, who were clearly better than several teams in the tournament, into the tournament from the beginning.
I agree it was very stressful for Kits, but it was the BC body just trying to be fair to a team that proved it might well have qualified if given the chance. Four games in four days may have been too much, or else they may just have not been good enough.
They were given the shot, and they didn't get it done. Kits did. Good on them, but I think it is hard to argue that Saints should not have been given some avenue to attempt to qualify. You can argue the path given, but they were good enough to be a valid threat as they proved. No one had anything against Kits and money had nothing to do with it either. Conspiracy theorists should go away.
Thankfully a body which has nothing to win or lose from the decision were the ones who got to take that decision.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
okanaganbball



Posts : 428
Join date : 2010-02-22
Location : The Okanagan

PostSubject: Re: Lower Mainland AAA Draw and Results   Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:01 am

When did the rule that a team could challenge for a spot at "AAA's" because they were expected to be there but didn't have a chance to at playoff time come into effect?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
cbosh4



Posts : 12
Join date : 2010-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Lower Mainland AAA Draw and Results   Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:04 am

Trey wrote:
Kits deserved to be there after beating DT on Saturday. Saints was ranked too high and didn't deserve to have this play in. Good for Kits and hopefully people will realize that nobody deserves anything in sports and hopefully we will find out what happened behind the scenes to push this decision through. Congrats to Kits, you were put through the ringer on this and someone should apologize for this mess. Wish I could have seen the game, hopefully the Saints players and supporters were classy in defeat. I heard that Saints defended the wrong basket at the start of the second half, is that true?

Kits has tried pulling off that "move" in a lot of games, even succeeding in some. They get on the court before the other team and pretend to be going the other way. Then one player cuts towards the hoop with no one there and scores.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sportvictoria



Posts : 544
Join date : 2010-11-28
Age : 47
Location : Victoria BC Canada

PostSubject: Re: Lower Mainland AAA Draw and Results   Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:12 am

okanaganbball wrote:
When did the rule that a team could challenge for a spot at "AAA's" because they were expected to be there but didn't have a chance to at playoff time come into effect?


I was told by a BCHSBBA member that there was a "clarification" of existing wording in the constitution.

Others are saying that the constitution was changed without a member vote.

Lyle Dhur
Sportvictoria
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Sportvictoria.com
Pooch



Posts : 131
Join date : 2011-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Lower Mainland AAA Draw and Results   Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:13 am

I believe the rule came into effect after Handsworth did not get in a few years ago. I don't know the timing or the wording for sure.
I have heard it was in effect last year, but some adroit maneuvering by the LM zone delayed the decision making process until it was too late for the BC body to rule.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sportvictoria



Posts : 544
Join date : 2010-11-28
Age : 47
Location : Victoria BC Canada

PostSubject: Re: Lower Mainland AAA Draw and Results   Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:19 am

Pooch wrote:
The issue as so many have pointed out is not the number of berths the LM gets to the BC's. That is purely a numbers thing and not related to how the LM zone decides who those reps will be.
The heart of the problem comes when people who have a conflict of interest are those making the decisions.
The BC body does not include people who are active coaches today and it is their job to make the BC tournament the best it can be. They have nothing to gain or lose from any decision.
The Lower Mainland Zone is run, as are the others, by current coaches for whom every decision they make has repercussions for them. They do not always do what is best for the tournament as they naturally consider what is right for them.
Most people would agree that the BC's should be about the best teams. The "regional" argument is a smoke screen although one with history. It can still be regional to some extent but must if it is to remain the quality tournament it has always been, try to also accommodate the best.
Last year, it was a travesty to see St. George's and Emerson Murray not have the chance to compete.
The LM body can rightly point to the numbers argument. The Independent League is only comprised of two teams, so with that should only get one berth. We all know they would love to be in a larger league, but the LM schools will not allow them in. As a result it can happen, as it did last year, that one of BC's best teams did not have the opportunity to get in because the other team in their league did. I believe they were both top 5 provincially. Anyone interested in fair play can see that was unfair. The second place team, had they been in any other league in the province would have been able to qualify.
No matter what the LM zone says about the democratic process...it is flawed when the only ones who can vote all have self-interests involved.
In an effort to be fair and not have this happen again, the BC body has a process that says if there is a team anywhere in BC that could reasonably have been expected to qualify for the BC's but does not have that opportunity at playoff time it can be granted a chance at a path into the BC's. It is what is best for the tournament. That path for St. Georges was determined by the LM zone. It was tough, but then it was tough for all the teams who qualified. No real complaint. Ask VC, Tupper, Palmer etc. if their path was easy.
I think to anyone outside the LM zone group of coaches this seems fair and reasonable. The right thing to do. We don't want to see a repeat of the situation from a few years ago where the number 1 and 2 ranked schools were from a zone with only one berth and some great kids and a great team did not get to participate while much lesser teams did.This year Saints were ranked 10th and coming on at the end of the season. It was reasonable to assume they would be a real contender for a berth out of their LM zone so the BC body said "give them a shot somehow". They suggested several ways. One was to expand the LM tournament and give them the same shot as all the other teams. This was rejected and they were given the tough path we have seen end tonight.
The real solution to all of these issues is to take the decisions out of coaches' hands. Interested adults who are not affiliated with any teams, but who love the tournament would make much fairer decisions and there would be far less acrimony.
Congratulations to Kits for winning tonight.
You have proven you deserve to be there.
Saint Georges also deserved the right to prove that they belonged and fell short.


Pooch,

You might want to check your history. Last year Mt. Boucherie was #8 in BC and 2nd in their league to South Kamloops at #6. South Kam went and Mt. Boucherie, who was VERY good, did not get to go. They knew from the start of the season that there would be one berth to the BCs from the OK and accepted that they had to beat South Kam if they were going to make it.

Last year St. George's did have a chance to compete... they played in their playoffs and LOST to Vancouver College.

Lyle Dhur
Sportvictoria
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Sportvictoria.com
Trey



Posts : 89
Join date : 2010-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Lower Mainland AAA Draw and Results   Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:20 am

I meant to say Kits desreves to go to Provincials after beating DT on Saturday. Saints had a chance to beat VC and didn't. Oh well, this drama is over, best of luck to the LM qualifiers at Provincvials.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pooch



Posts : 131
Join date : 2011-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Lower Mainland AAA Draw and Results   Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:29 am

Mount Boucherie were not allowed in to their zone tournament?
I think in all of this, it would be best if the BC body had a wildcard berth available.
I would assume all of us would like to see the best teams in the BC's.
I won't claim to remember correctly, but I think that Saints lost their league games to VC and there was no playoff, but I could be wrong. It has happened before.
Anyway, my general point is that the tournament deserves to have the best teams all having an opportunity to get in.
I also believe that the bitching and complaining will never go away as long as the coaches of teams involved are the ones who get to make the decisions. We need people who have nothing to gain or lose, but have the best interests of the tournament at heart. Not active coaches, who are naturally competitive and aware of how every decision affects their chances. That is not a good formula and we can see the bitterness arising.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sportvictoria



Posts : 544
Join date : 2010-11-28
Age : 47
Location : Victoria BC Canada

PostSubject: Re: Lower Mainland AAA Draw and Results   Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:29 am

cbosh4 wrote:
Trey wrote:
Kits deserved to be there after beating DT on Saturday. Saints was ranked too high and didn't deserve to have this play in. Good for Kits and hopefully people will realize that nobody deserves anything in sports and hopefully we will find out what happened behind the scenes to push this decision through. Congrats to Kits, you were put through the ringer on this and someone should apologize for this mess. Wish I could have seen the game, hopefully the Saints players and supporters were classy in defeat. I heard that Saints defended the wrong basket at the start of the second half, is that true?

Kits has tried pulling off that "move" in a lot of games, even succeeding in some. They get on the court before the other team and pretend to be going the other way. Then one player cuts towards the hoop with no one there and scores.


I saw Kits do that a few times... including in the BC seems a few years back.

I used it about 5 or 6 times when I was coaching at Belmont and it worked (positive results) every time. The kids really got jazzed up by running it - it really motivated them. I think only once we didn't get the bucket and that one time we got the foul and our point guard made both foul-shots.

Lyle Dhur
Sportvictoria
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Sportvictoria.com
Sportvictoria



Posts : 544
Join date : 2010-11-28
Age : 47
Location : Victoria BC Canada

PostSubject: Re: Lower Mainland AAA Draw and Results   Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:38 am

Pooch wrote:
Mount Boucherie were not allowed in to their zone tournament?
I think in all of this, it would be best if the BC body had a wildcard berth available.
I would assume all of us would like to see the best teams in the BC's.
I won't claim to remember correctly, but I think that Saints lost their league games to VC and there was no playoff, but I could be wrong. It has happened before.
Anyway, my general point is that the tournament deserves to have the best teams all having an opportunity to get in.
I also believe that the bitching and complaining will never go away as long as the coaches of teams involved are the ones who get to make the decisions. We need people who have nothing to gain or lose, but have the best interests of the tournament at heart. Not active coaches, who are naturally competitive and aware of how every decision affects their chances. That is not a good formula and we can see the bitterness arising.


You had said St. George's did not have a chance to go last year... yet they did. But they failed by not winning their playoff games (which I believe is a best out of 3).

They used have a wildcard system when the tourney was 16 teams. When they moved to 20 teams they got rid of the 1/2 berth system. They want to get rid of the politics and wildcard systems breed it unless you can get some that are outside the system doing it. I put forward a 24-team format a few years ago to the Prez of BCHSBBA - same format to give out the 20 teams, then 4 wildcards. Well, he would not even allow it be discussed at the AGM. So much for democracy. I did this after seeing good teams from the Island not making it due to limited berths, in back to back years the #1 or #2 teams in BC did not get out of the Valley.

All-in-all... the politics suck. There is no perfect system.

Add into all this the fact that two teams in this year's tourney knew they were going on October 1 when they declared "AAA" - they were the only teams in their zone. So - they get an automatic berth without playing a single game.


Lyle Dhur
Sportvictoria
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Sportvictoria.com
johnwall2



Posts : 12
Join date : 2011-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Lower Mainland AAA Draw and Results   Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:10 am

Sportvictoria wrote:
baller1000 wrote:

Why were the berths reduced from 5 to 4 last year? Why did BCHSBBA put the 5th berth back in?


Baller1000 - before you get up on your soapbox... it would make you sound a lot more credible if you KNEW WHAT YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT.

BCHSBBA followed a pre-set structure for berthing - THEY DON'T "DECIDE" anything about the number of berths. It all has to do with the number of "AAA" teams in an area. It's purely a mathematical formula. The formula is applied to "A", "AA" & "AAA" based on the number of registered teams.

In 2009, Howe Sound had 5 teams (1 berth) then in 2010 had 9 teams (2 berths) to 2011 with 6 teams (1 berth).

The Island in 2009 had 14 teams (2 berths) to 2010 with 15 teams (3 berths) to 2011 with 14 teams (1 berth).

Thus...

The Lower Mainland stayed at 28 teams and went from 5 berths to 4 berths to 5 berths and the Fraser Valley stayed at 44 teams and went from 8 berths to 7 berths to 8 berths.

Lyle Dhur
Sportvictoria



if its a mathematical formula i was curious as to what that may be?
as the island having 14 teams and 2 berths...being a berth to every 7 teams
and the fraser valley having 44 teams and 8 berths...being a berth to every 5.5 teams
even if the fraser valley was to have 7 berths thats would still be a birth per every just over 6 teams

which makes me wonder why that extra birth from the fraser valley isnt shifted or sent to another area?

thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lefon Jang



Posts : 84
Join date : 2010-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Lower Mainland AAA Draw and Results   Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:38 am

Sportvictoria,

St. George’s was ranked No.5 last year and did not make it to the provincial. You seem to have a double standard. On the one hand you’re bragging about how you put forward system that would allow good teams with limited berths to make it to the provincial but when it comes to St. George’s you think otherwise. This is an issue related to the Lower Mainland; it makes me wonder why you’re so active in the LM posts. You’re kind enough to offer us your Lower Mainland "AAA" playoffs grid but when I open the site, first thing I see were advertisements from Sandman Hotel and Vitamin Water. Is that what motivate you?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
YouNeedJennyCraig



Posts : 1
Join date : 2011-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Lower Mainland AAA Draw and Results   Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:46 am

Lets me see if I get this right, cause some people keep trying to correct one another when they're really the ones that need to go back to kindergarten and stop with their own biases.

There are two different views on the Provincial Tournament:

Definition #1 The Provincial Tournament is about having regional representation.

Definition #2 The Provincial Tournament is about having the top ranked teams in the province represented.

With the current system, you can't say the "best" teams in the top zones are given "equal chances."

Maybe the Provincial Tournament needs to be advertised better as a battle of regions, because there will be the misconception that it is the tournament for the highest possible competition in BC.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sportvictoria



Posts : 544
Join date : 2010-11-28
Age : 47
Location : Victoria BC Canada

PostSubject: Re: Lower Mainland AAA Draw and Results   Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:59 am

johnwall2 wrote:
Sportvictoria wrote:
baller1000 wrote:

Why were the berths reduced from 5 to 4 last year? Why did BCHSBBA put the 5th berth back in?


Baller1000 - before you get up on your soapbox... it would make you sound a lot more credible if you KNEW WHAT YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT.

BCHSBBA followed a pre-set structure for berthing - THEY DON'T "DECIDE" anything about the number of berths. It all has to do with the number of "AAA" teams in an area. It's purely a mathematical formula. The formula is applied to "A", "AA" & "AAA" based on the number of registered teams.

In 2009, Howe Sound had 5 teams (1 berth) then in 2010 had 9 teams (2 berths) to 2011 with 6 teams (1 berth).

The Island in 2009 had 14 teams (2 berths) to 2010 with 15 teams (3 berths) to 2011 with 14 teams (1 berth).

Thus...

The Lower Mainland stayed at 28 teams and went from 5 berths to 4 berths to 5 berths and the Fraser Valley stayed at 44 teams and went from 8 berths to 7 berths to 8 berths.

Lyle Dhur
Sportvictoria



if its a mathematical formula i was curious as to what that may be?
as the island having 14 teams and 2 berths...being a berth to every 7 teams
and the fraser valley having 44 teams and 8 berths...being a berth to every 5.5 teams
even if the fraser valley was to have 7 berths thats would still be a birth per every just over 6 teams

which makes me wonder why that extra birth from the fraser valley isnt shifted or sent to another area?

thanks


John,

Go to my website, www.sportvictoria.com, right hand side of opening screen "2010-11 Zone Allocation..." - click on it. Then just under the header "2011 BC Berthing..." - click on it. Then look at the far right hand side if the screen - you might have to scroll to it.

It's 1 for every 5.824 this year.

They can't "shift" berths. Each area gets what they are entitled to and that's it. It cuts out the politics. There used to be HUGE fights over where the 1/2 berths where going to. People "campaigning" for their teams which was not right. You had members that were the "friend of a program" and were not making impartial decisions. The new allocations system with 20 teams made it simpler.


Lyle Dhur
Sportvictoria
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Sportvictoria.com
r-macbball



Posts : 23
Join date : 2011-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Lower Mainland AAA Draw and Results   Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:42 am

Coaches wants what's best for their team and programs, a lot of schools don't have the resources (funding/athletes/etc) that Saints or VC has. The coaches/parents of these teams put in a lot of hours as well and they try to make the most of what they have. To say that coaches do it for their "own" interest is not fair, they want what's best for their program and kids.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sportvictoria



Posts : 544
Join date : 2010-11-28
Age : 47
Location : Victoria BC Canada

PostSubject: Re: Lower Mainland AAA Draw and Results   Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:43 am

Lefon Jang wrote:
Sportvictoria,

St. George’s was ranked No.5 last year and did not make it to the provincial. You seem to have a double standard. On the one hand you’re bragging about how you put forward system that would allow good teams with limited berths to make it to the provincial but when it comes to St. George’s you think otherwise. This is an issue related to the Lower Mainland; it makes me wonder why you’re so active in the LM posts. You’re kind enough to offer us your Lower Mainland "AAA" playoffs grid but when I open the site, first thing I see were advertisements from Sandman Hotel and Vitamin Water. Is that what motivate you?


Lefon - check your facts.

At the bottom of this post is the last poll from 2009-10... tell me who is #5.

I put forward a system about 6 or 7 years ago that I felt would have helped solve some of the issues were seeing now. Four at large berths would be awarded to strong teams that did not make it out of their regions. Or at least a half berth to eight teams and they all could have had a 1-game playoff for the last four berths.

There is no double standard. I don't care about the names of the teams that make the BCs. Under the rules and structure that were in place, St. George's had their shot but failed (by losing to Vancouver College). Why should they get a 2nd chance? Nobody else does. I'm sure that Enver Creek would like another shot at it? North Delta too. Why does your team deserve a 2nd try for the cookie when they did not succeed the first time? Answer me that.

Here is the main page link - there is a link to the Sandman Langley as it is the host hotel to the "A" & "AAA" BCs... well... because it's the host hotel to the BCs and I was tired of answering emails to coaches that were asking me who the host hotel was now that the event was moved from the Agrodome out to the Langley Events Centre. So, posting a link seems like a good idea. Last year I had a link to the Holiday Inn Atrium because it was the host hotel to the BCs. There are also links on the same line for Basketball BC and BC Boys' Basketball... is this a problem for you?
www.sportvictoria.com

Here is the link to the Lower Mainland "AAA" playoffs - kindly tell me where you see any ads for the Sandman Hotel or Vitamin Water - or anything as a matter of fact.
http://www.sportvictoria.com/basketball/2010-11/2010-11%20-%20AAA%20Lower%20Mainland.htm


Final Poll of 2009-10
Poll # 12 -- February 25, 2010

Current/Team/Previous

1. Yale (Abbotsford) (1)
2. Vancouver College (2)
3. Pitt Meadows (3)
4. Burnaby South (4)
5. White Rock Christian (7)
6. South Kamloops ( 8 )
7. St. George's (Vancouver) (T5)
8. Mt. Boucherie (Kelowna) (T9)
T9. Sir Charles Tupper (Vancouver) (13)
T9. Cowichan (Duncan) (11)
11. Kitsilano (Vancouver) (T5)
12. Dover Bay (Nanaimo) (T9)
13. Fleetwood Park (Surrey) (12)
14. Argyle (North Vancouver) (HM)
15. WJ Mouat (Abbotsford) (15)

Honourable mention
HM Byrne Creek (Burnaby) (HM)
HM Centennial (Coquitlam) (HM)
HM Claremont (Victoria) (HM)
HM Delta (HM)
HM Heritage Woods (Port Moody) (14)
HM Oak Bay (Victoria) (HM)
HM Terry Fox (Port Coquitlam) (HM)
HM Walnut Grove (Langley) (HM)

NR = Not ranked in previous week's poll


Lyle Dhur
Sportvictoria
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Sportvictoria.com
Trey



Posts : 89
Join date : 2010-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Lower Mainland AAA Draw and Results   Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:21 am

Sportvictoria wrote:
cbosh4 wrote:
Trey wrote:
Kits deserved to be there after beating DT on Saturday. Saints was ranked too high and didn't deserve to have this play in. Good for Kits and hopefully people will realize that nobody deserves anything in sports and hopefully we will find out what happened behind the scenes to push this decision through. Congrats to Kits, you were put through the ringer on this and someone should apologize for this mess. Wish I could have seen the game, hopefully the Saints players and supporters were classy in defeat. I heard that Saints defended the wrong basket at the start of the second half, is that true?

Kits has tried pulling off that "move" in a lot of games, even succeeding in some. They get on the court before the other team and pretend to be going the other way. Then one player cuts towards the hoop with no one there and scores.


I saw Kits do that a few times... including in the BC seems a few years back.

I used it about 5 or 6 times when I was coaching at Belmont and it worked (positive results) every time. The kids really got jazzed up by running it - it really motivated them. I think only once we didn't get the bucket and that one time we got the foul and our point guard made both foul-shots.

Lyle Dhur
Sportvictoria

That's pretty sneaky. One may argue that if a team, their coaches, managers and their fans all don't notice that being pulled then maybe they aren't ready to compete at the elite Provincial level. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Lower Mainland AAA Draw and Results   Today at 1:56 am

Back to top Go down
 
Lower Mainland AAA Draw and Results
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Lower Mainland AAA Draw and Results
» Lower Mainland "AA" Draw and Results
» Senior Boys AAAA Lower Mainland Boys Basketball 2014 Draw
» Lower Mainland AAA playoffs
» Lower Mainland A, AA, & AAA Playoffs

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HoopLife Forums :: High School :: British Columbia :: BC Seniors-
Jump to: