HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Fraser Valley Draw

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
bballer12

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Draw   Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:00 am

stocktonsshorts wrote:
No magic potion, just a couple of hunches and a little educated guessing. 15 for 16 not bad after 2 rounds of predictions Very Happy gonna have to give me till tomorrow night for my Thursday picks.... until then dream BBall

Well done....im impressed...Will look forward to your picks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FraserValleyFiend

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Draw   Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:08 am

ENVER VS PITT... pickem?

I heard Pitt looked horrible against Mouat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JC44

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Draw   Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:08 am

surprised by how much Tamanawis got beat by against Heritage Woods and Envers done in my opinion
Back to top Go down
View user profile
And 1

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Draw   Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:12 am

FraserValleyFiend wrote:
ENVER VS PITT... pickem?

I heard Pitt looked horrible against Mouat

Pitt had a bad game but wont have 2 in a row.Once again they ( Pitt) they have been in many tough games like the one they will be in on Thursday. Pitt by 15
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bball_6319

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Draw   Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:21 am

I have seen Macdonald play a number of games this year and last night's game vs Yale was his gutsiest yet. If I was going to redshirt anyone, it would be Nakai.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TightD

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Draw   Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:38 pm

bball_6319 wrote:
I have seen Macdonald play a number of games this year and last night's game vs Yale was his gutsiest yet. If I was going to redshirt anyone, it would be Nakai.

Are you serious, Mcdonald while a very good highschool player is levels below Luyken. Mcdonald will be lucky to get meaningful minutes by his third year at any CIS school let alone UBC. Can't believe you would try to even compare the 2 players.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bball_6319

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Draw   Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:37 pm

TightD wrote:
bball_6319 wrote:

Are you serious, Mcdonald while a very good highschool player is levels below Luyken. Mcdonald will be lucky to get meaningful minutes by his third year at any CIS school let alone UBC. Can't believe you would try to even compare the 2 players.

If Luyken can't make an impact in a high school game, how is he going to make an impact in college/university ball? He could barely hit the rim with free throws. Granted he has good hops, but what position would he play? PG? Doesn't handle the ball well enough... SG? hahahahaha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bballer12

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Draw   Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:02 am

bball_6319 wrote:
TightD wrote:
bball_6319 wrote:

If Luyken can't make an impact in a high school game, how is he going to make an impact in college/university ball? He could barely hit the rim with free throws. Granted he has good hops, but what position would he play? PG? Doesn't handle the ball well enough... SG? hahahahaha

i'm not a Luken fan myself and wouldnt want to play on a team with someone like him BUT he can play . i agree that he cant play 1 or 2 spot but he could play at the 3. Yes hes not overly big but he plays big and has great hops. I would take him over Macdonald as well.Just wish he wasnt so cocky
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stocktonsshorts

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Draw   Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:45 am

It's going to be tough to match my scores from the last two nights but I'll give it a go. Rolling Eyes Here are my picks for Thursday...

Semis
FOX
MOUAT

BC Berths
PITT
FLEETWOOD
GLENEAGLE
TAMANAWIS (my disclaimer here is that if tammy's PG Manny does not recover from his injury it could be Seaquam)

Good luck to all teams, especially those fighting for a spot at the BC's.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FraserValleyFiend

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Draw   Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:37 am

go enverr
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hoops-9

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Draw   Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:22 am

If Fox and Mouat do win their respective semi-final games, do you think Fox can beat Mouat without Trimble (who is apparently away at baseball nationals)?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hoopnharm

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Draw   Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:25 am

Wasn't Matt Trimble a player on Terry Fox? Why did he transfer?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TightD

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Draw   Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:04 am

bball_6319 wrote:
TightD wrote:
bball_6319 wrote:

He's not the greatest shooter, lets his emotions get the best of him at times but he is freakish athletically, great court sense, top notch defender plus he has the burden of playing with a lazy talent in Jordan Blackman. Yale would be lucky to crack the top 20 without him while Fox is still a top 7 team without Bret.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
johnwall2

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Draw   Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:28 am

bball_6319 wrote:
TightD wrote:
bball_6319 wrote:

some very bold statements wow, bret can really handle the ball and lead his team the right while, while nakai's athleticism has never been questioned it is his team play and rookie highs and lows next year that will be interesting to watch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
And 1

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Draw   Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:38 am

Hoops-9 wrote:
If Fox and Mouat do win their respective semi-final games, do you think Fox can beat Mouat without Trimble (who is apparently away at baseball nationals)?

Fox is quite deep at Matt's spot although Matt is definately a leader on the court Fox has proven that they can step up.

I think it will be Grove and Fox in the final.

Should be 2 great games
Back to top Go down
View user profile
insider

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Draw   Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:17 pm

As interesting as it is to compare Mcdonald and Luyken, they're players with completely different skill sets. Bret is a pure point guard who pushes the envelope and gets his teammates involved. Nakai is a shooting guard playing pg mainly because Yale's offense is a dribble drive look so his job is to look for himself first. If both get recruited for their natural positions, they will both have potential to succeed. I say "potential" because size and athleticism are factors but are not the key ingredients to success at the cis level. Most important, both need to improve their shot and become a consistent threat from outside along with having a "mid-range" game. Not as easy getting to the hoop for layups at cis as these two make it seem in high school. Second, both need to improve their decision making and be able to read and react off the defence. Based on my criteria, I would give the edge to Bret b/c if you watch him play, he is thinking two steps ahead of his opponents and even his teammates sometimes. That shows me that his bball IQ is high. Both will have challenges and I don't see them making an impact on a team like UBC until 2nd or 3rd year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Draw   Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:06 pm

Pitt 72 Enver 47
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bballer12

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Draw   Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:15 pm

JLivingston wrote:
Pitt 72 Enver 47

\Thank you for that ...if you get anymore scores please post
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JC44

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Draw   Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:23 pm

So is Enver done?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bballer12

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Draw   Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:48 pm

JC44 wrote:
So is Enver done?

Yep ...Enver is out...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Draw   Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:58 pm

Fleetwood 72 Whiterock 62
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bballer12

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Draw   Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:09 pm

JLivingston wrote:
Fleetwood 72 Whiterock 62

wow.... i thought WRCA Would take that but i heard they had a few injuries....good for Fleetwood
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FraserValleyFiend

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Draw   Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:15 pm

Tough one for enver, who had an outstanding first half. Hard to see Coach Inrig retire on such a bitter note.
I tell you truthfully, watch for the cougars next year, gonna be good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Draw   Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:20 pm

FraserValleyFiend wrote:
Tough one for enver, who had an outstanding first half. Hard to see Coach Inrig retire on such a bitter note.
I tell you truthfully, watch for the cougars next year, gonna be good.

Tough luck man. Enver stayed close upto half but 27-4 run by Pitt in the 3rd quarter settled the game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FraserValleyFiend

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Draw   Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:23 pm

a series of unfortuante events leading up to day, feel really bad for them
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Draw   Today at 8:04 pm

Back to top Go down

Fraser Valley Draw
View previous topic View next topic Back to top