HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Top Junior Players

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bballboy

PostSubject: Top Junior Players   Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:23 pm

Who are the top grade 9/10 players this year?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hyperactive

PostSubject: Re: Top Junior Players   Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:34 pm

Some of the top junior player that i have seen thust far

Sacret Heart: Guard Emmaneul and Forward Keegan MacNeill i`ve seen them dominate in a lot of games

Louis Riel: The best frontcourt in the league Forward Christian and Forward Rapheal

St. Peter: Arguably the best player in the leauge Daniel Nwouso

St.Mats: Mack Wakefield one of the best guard in the leauge

Hilcrest: the only player i know from hilcrest and seen play is roydell he`s a very strong player who can penetrate well

Ridgemont: Forward Ayanle and Guard Muti played well in the ashbury game deafeating st.pats down the strench Muti hit some clutch shot so ridgemont shouldn`t be underestimated

Merivel: Alex Prescott-Cornejo one of the best shot blocker in the league

I apologize if a missed any other good player these are just the player that i have seen thus far
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tritacke

PostSubject: Re: Top Junior Players   Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:58 pm

Two of the best grade 9/10 players are actually playing senior. Farhan Awalah (SRB) is maybe the 6th man of the year and Mariel Shayok (St.Pats) has proved himself to be a top senior player and he is only in grade 9!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
old guy

PostSubject: Top junior players   Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:03 am

From what I've seen the only skill that Mariel is pretty good at is his 3 point shot. He is horrible under the net and can't handle the ball or drive. If the opposing team coaches ever figure that out they could easily shut him down.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lebron123

PostSubject: Re: Top Junior Players   Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:49 pm

Junior Ballers are often over hyped. Sorry Hyperactive but I have seen Muti play and he isn't as good as advertised. Against Hillcrest I saw a point guard that simply shoots the ball way too much. The other guards on that team carried the load in that game which helped them win by 20. Lisgar basketball is simply over hyped to because their point guard really cannot shoot the basketball well.
When it comes to Junior ball I really think only Christain Louis Riel and Daniel - Stpetes sre truly special
Back to top Go down
View user profile
burbury

PostSubject: Re: Top Junior Players   Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:58 am

Tremaine Inyang (PG) and Phil Stenjajev (C) at SRB are two of the most under-rated players in junior ball this year
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tidus41

PostSubject: Re: Top Junior Players   Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:17 pm

Actually mariel is a pretty gud slasher too, his ball handling is a bit shaky, but he's got a nice crossover. I've seen him play about 3 or 4 times, and only in one of those games was he hitting threes. During the ashbury game in the National Capital Classic he was st.pat's best player easily, and he carried them, he did not do it with 3s but with nice drives. Also keep in mind he is a grade 9, and he is already arguably the BEST PLAYER FOR ST.PATS' senior team
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachhill

PostSubject: top junior plaer   Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:49 pm

Sacret Heart: Guard Emmaneul and Forward Keegan MacNeill i`ve seen them dominate in a lot of games

Louis Riel: The best frontcourt in the league Forward Christian and Forward Rapheal

Hilcrest: the only player i know from hilcrest and seen play is roydell he`s a very strong player who can penetrate well

St. Pats: Best scoring point guardin the league Chris Nsenga
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Curry.jr

PostSubject: Re: Top Junior Players   Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:57 pm

coachhill wrote:

St. Pats: Best scoring point guardin the league Chris Nsenga
Chris and Ralph are playing senior for LR, the best players for LR are hanad, Mike(6''9), the starting 5 it pretty much very talented and they all play club teams and in the schools sports programme
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OSSCoach

PostSubject: Re: Top Junior Players   Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:43 am

Wait, Mike the big guy from Next Level that played for Rockland? Interesting. Might I also ask which club teams? This year the Guardsmen and Next Level have the run of the city. Maybe LR has a few on Next Level besides Mike?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Curry.jr

PostSubject: Re: Top Junior Players   Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:01 pm

OSSCoach wrote:
Wait, Mike the big guy from Next Level that played for Rockland? Interesting. Might I also ask which club teams? This year the Guardsmen and Next Level have the run of the city. Maybe LR has a few on Next Level besides Mike?
Yeah LR has a couple of more players who play on the next level squad, basically the hole starting 5 plays club
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aceforever

PostSubject: Re: Top Junior Players   Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:41 pm

I don't disagree that the club ball is important but at the same time, there are always many non club ball players who play tons all over and don't get the recognition because they are street guys or simply haven't gotten into club yet. I wouldn't discount some of the typically strong teams because they don't have these club type guys. Asking a team with little or no club guys to win junior is asking way too much but be in the mix is certainly possible IMO.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
old guy

PostSubject: Re: Top Junior Players   Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:42 am

Watched some of the St Pat tourney. Few good teams, but this forum is about players so, the best player I saw in five games was #33 from St Peter. He is by far the best big in the league, phenominal!!!!! The other bigs pale by comparison. I was expecting good things from Mike at Louis Riel, lots of hype but he plays like a beginner. No other big guys worth mentioning.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
old guy

PostSubject: Re: Top Junior Players   Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:06 am

My son tels me that # 33 from St Pates is Dylan. He only got to play half of his games because they were winning by so much that the coach made him sit and he still got top score in all of his games. Got fowled out against St Pats due to very poor reffing and dirty play from St pat players. He is a player that is going places. Watch and see.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IrishCK

PostSubject: Re: Top Junior Players   Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:56 am

Some (not all ) of the top performers so far in the St.Pat's tournament:

D. Goodyear for St.Peter's
TJ Peat and N. Jordan for St Pius
J .Quinton and K. Mouaga for St. Matthews
Y.Omanyundu; C. Anderson and R. Clarke for St. Patrick's
D. Currie for South Carleton
K. Peteros for Hillcrest
M Murigane, K Xavier-Chante and M. Quinn for Louis Riel