HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Playoff predictions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

PostSubject: Playoff predictions   Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:05 pm

Yes, looks like we are in an exciting race. North I feel western is the only school looking to compete. McNally is young and undersized, the top team from south Div will take care of them. In the south I think Lacombe will take number 1. They will win tiebreak vs grandin. I like obynres starting 5 but after that it drops off dramatically, thats why wisewood will come with the number 3 seed. Grandin looks to be coming together at the right time just like last season.

My playoff grid looks like this:
Western vs obyrne
Francis vs grandin

Lacombe vs Churchill
Wisewood vs McNally

Semi finals:
Western vs grandin.
Wisewood vs Lacombe

Western vs wisewood
Western city champs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Playoff predictions   Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:07 am

You probably forgot that this year we have a new playoff format where the top 8 teams from each division (North and South) make it to division 1 and the losers of the first round play for division 2. So those matchups might happen in the second round. But watch out for upsets like Centennial or Bowness or even St. Mary's. This week should be interesting when you consider that Wise Wood will play Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and again Friday WOW. There are multiple scenarios for the south where any 3 teams can finish first. Even though Wise Wood is 6 and 1 they cannot finsih first (I think). But in this division, you don't want to finish 4th because you might face Western in the second round, Ouch. One team could finish 8-2 and finish 4th. Great week ahead.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Playoff predictions   Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:20 pm

Doesn't matter about the playoff format...the best team is Western and they will win. Where it might matter is for the other teams that aren't good enough to win but are good enough to get to provincials.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Playoff predictions   Today at 4:51 am

Back to top Go down
Playoff predictions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1