HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

What are your thoughts on the North Delta Huskies Season

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BallIsLifeDelta

PostSubject: What are your thoughts on the North Delta Huskies Season   Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:10 pm

The North Delta Huskies were ranked 10th at one point in the season, they were undefeated for a long time and now they lost to Clayton Heights in the first round many people didn't see this coming they had 3 loses at the end of the season that hurt them what do you think went wrong?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stocktonsshorts

PostSubject: Re: What are your thoughts on the North Delta Huskies Season   Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:56 pm

First of all I hope it wasn't too rough a night for you with a name like "Ballislife Delta" seeing as North Delta, Delta, and South Delta all lost!! I don't know what to make of North Delta's season because outside of the top 5 or 6 the rankings don't mean much. There are lots of teams in BC out there within 5-8 pts of eachother on any given night...some get ranked others don't. My point is too much stock is put into rankings when there is only one ranking that really matters.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
insider

PostSubject: Re: What are your thoughts on the North Delta Huskies Season   Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:21 pm

I agree and I think rankings don't show anything. I'm not even sure why they were ranked...did they beat a ranked team all year? Playoffs come down to which teams can execute and adjust on a night in night out basis. Seems like the coaching staff might have got a little too comfortable with early success as I didn't see them make too many changes after their losses.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bballer12

PostSubject: Re: What are your thoughts on the North Delta Huskies Season   Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:29 am

To be honest. I really dont know what you expected. Any team can run off a ton of wins if they dont play anybody and thats when you get into trouble down the road when the games count. Loosing is part of learning and unfortunately they learnt the hard way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
r-macbball

PostSubject: Re: What are your thoughts on the North Delta Huskies Season   Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:56 pm

All the delta teams are very solid, but there are so many tough battle tested teams in the Valley that you just have to focus on playing your best in late February, perhaps with ND, coaching 2 teams can take its toll so perhaps next year Coach MacKay can focus on just one team, not to blame it on coaching or anything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JC44

PostSubject: Re: What are your thoughts on the North Delta Huskies Season   Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:11 pm

Thats what happeneds when you play weak teams all year, I saw this coming.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are your thoughts on the North Delta Huskies Season   Today at 3:47 am

Back to top Go down

What are your thoughts on the North Delta Huskies Season
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1