HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

2011 Junior Boys Basketball Provincial Championships

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jr. Provincial

PostSubject: 2011 Junior Boys Basketball Provincial Championships   Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:32 am

Teams are seeded and play starts Thursday morning. Good luck to all!

http://blogs.smus.bc.ca/bballjrboys/schedules-and-results/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach fabio

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Junior Boys Basketball Provincial Championships   Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:43 am

1. Kelowna
2. WRCA
3. Sir Winston Churchill
4. SMUS
5. Kitsilano
6. WJ Mouat
7. Burnaby South
8. McMath
9. Lord Tweedsmuir
10. Claremont
11. Dover Bay
12. Skeena
13. Duchess Park
14. Penticton
15. LV Rogers
16. Ballenas

Kelowna 1 wow! look for tweeds/mcmath to beat them in the second round. Otherwise nice ranking!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerforlife03

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Junior Boys Basketball Provincial Championships   Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:04 am

how did th vc/kits game go? i also dont understand why mouat isnt in front of churchill if they beat them twice, oh well it doesnt matter its gonna be an action packed week of basketball on the island
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sim

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Junior Boys Basketball Provincial Championships   Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:22 am

I guess everyone's worst fears came true. WRCA/Kits should've been on 1 side...and Churchill/Mouat should've been on the other.

Instead, 1 side of the draw has WRCA, Churchill, Mouat...while the other has Kelowna & SMU...WOW!! Wonder who's organizing the tourney??

The highlight of Round 1 will be Tweedsmuir/McMath...they both got best case scenario with the winner facing Kelowna in the Elite 8.

Predictions based on the "OFFICIAL" rankings...Final 4: WRCA over Churchill...and Kits over Tweedsmuir

Final: WRCA over Kits Final. Churchill would've had an easier route to the final finishing 2nd in Vancouver.

This is my last post criticizing the rankings. All these kids deserve our support. I wish them all the best. I truly believe it's a fairly wide open field in the Top 9. Anybody can get hot and make some noise. The best team will win in the end.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach fabio

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Junior Boys Basketball Provincial Championships   Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:30 pm

No ones route to the final is easy. It's the provincials! But I see what you are saying; having kelowna at number 1 really throws everthing off. Buts anything can happen.

I think that upsets are possible for the top 4 teams in the second round (they are possible, unlikely but possible)

Mcmath/tweedsmuir over #1 kelwona
I just don't see kelowna being able to go all the way as #1

burnaby south over #2 wrca
as we all know burnaby have been pulling off upsets all year look for them to make a run!

mouat over #3 churchill
mouat and churchill have had some great games this year with mouat getting the best of churchill.

Kits over #5 Smus
Kits with a win over VC is coming into the tournament with momentum, but smus has the homecourt so this should be a nail biter, with kits coming out on top.

If all these upsets happen which is possible but unlikley then we could be looking at a final four with none of the top four seeds. Anything can happen thats the fun of the procincials! Good Luck to everyone! I'm looking foward to seeing how the tournament plays out!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sportvictoria

PostSubject: Seedings from Rankings   Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:59 am

Sim wrote:
I guess everyone's worst fears came true. WRCA/Kits should've been on 1 side...and Churchill/Mouat should've been on the other.

Instead, 1 side of the draw has WRCA, Churchill, Mouat...while the other has Kelowna & SMU...WOW!! Wonder who's organizing the tourney??

The highlight of Round 1 will be Tweedsmuir/McMath...they both got best case scenario with the winner facing Kelowna in the Elite 8.

Predictions based on the "OFFICIAL" rankings...Final 4: WRCA over Churchill...and Kits over Tweedsmuir

Final: WRCA over Kits Final. Churchill would've had an easier route to the final finishing 2nd in Vancouver.

This is my last post criticizing the rankings. All these kids deserve our support. I wish them all the best. I truly believe it's a fairly wide open field in the Top 9. Anybody can get hot and make some noise. The best team will win in the end.

Sim... there is a difference between SEEDINGS and RANKINGS. Figure it out before you make any more of a fool of yourself.

SEEDING!
OK 1
Valley 1
LM 1
VI 1
Then the 5th seed was the best #2 - Kits.
That is how is was seeded.
Zone play (how you finish in it) is a major factor when it comes to seeding a BC Championships.

It was also not one person doing it but several people from different regions to make it as fair as possible.

It's never perfect, you can't make everyone happy about it - nor should one try.

But to make disrespectful remarks like "Instead, 1 side of the draw has WRCA, Churchill, Mouat...while the other has Kelowna & SMU...WOW!! Wonder who's organizing the tourney??" are stupid.

Lyle Dhur
Sportvictoria
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Sportvictoria.com
Sim

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Junior Boys Basketball Provincial Championships   Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:48 am

Lyle, I love your site...but not pleased with your comments. You are correct. I am the fool...as are other parents, players, volunteers & coaches who've put countless hours into this season. Your "Zone" argument is flawed. Then why did Burnaby South get the 7 seed as V&D Winner?? They should've been Top 5 along with the other 4 major Zone Winners. Why are the top 2 Valley teams on the same side of the draw?? How did Kits get more of a favourable draw than Churchill??

You found it disrepectful that I stated the obvious. If stupid seedings are allowed to be made public...then we're allowed to comment on those stupid seedings with stupid comments. It's 2011...the kids deserve better.

The best team will win in the end...but the best teams shouldn't have the most difficult path to the championship.

Good luck with the tourney with this week.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach fabio

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Junior Boys Basketball Provincial Championships   Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:15 am

It is the provincials! Every team will be fired up, meaning there are no easy games for anybody. On monday night there was a coaches conference call to determine the seedings. Every round the games will get harder and harder and at the end we will have a true winner.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Junior Boys Basketball Provincial Championships   Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:17 pm

The seeding looks ok although the reasoning given is not convincing. I assume coaches have to do hard bargain to get their team rightly placed. I bet teams like Kits, Tweed & Mcmath will do better job this week and if they dont, my assumption will become good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sportvictoria

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Junior Boys Basketball Provincial Championships   Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:32 pm

Sim wrote:
Lyle, I love your site...but not pleased with your comments. You are correct. I am the fool...as are other parents, players, volunteers & coaches who've put countless hours into this season. Your "Zone" argument is flawed. Then why did Burnaby South get the 7 seed as V&D Winner?? They should've been Top 5 along with the other 4 major Zone Winners. Why are the top 2 Valley teams on the same side of the draw?? How did Kits get more of a favourable draw than Churchill??

You found it disrepectful that I stated the obvious. If stupid seedings are allowed to be made public...then we're allowed to comment on those stupid seedings with stupid comments. It's 2011...the kids deserve better.

The best team will win in the end...but the best teams shouldn't have the most difficult path to the championship.

Sim - if you note the comment by Coach Fabio that a conference call was done on Monday night with coaches to dertermine the seeding. The coaches in the event decided the seeding - NOT the host school. That was my problem with your post as you made a hack of the host based on the draw. That was not appropriate.
Back to top Go down
coach.carter

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Junior Boys Basketball Provincial Championships   Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:13 pm

Sportvictoria wrote:
Sim wrote:

Sim - if you note the comment by Coach Fabio that a conference call was done on Monday night with coaches to dertermine the seeding. The coaches in the event decided the seeding - NOT the host school. That was my problem with your post as you made a hack of the host based on the draw. That was not appropriate.

False. coach fabio are incorrect. Coaches did not make the draw, it was done by zone reps, some of such knew very little about the teams they represented
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach fabio

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Junior Boys Basketball Provincial Championships   Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:19 pm

coach.carter wrote:
Sportvictoria wrote:
Sim wrote:

False. coach fabio are incorrect. Coaches did not make the draw, it was done by zone reps, some of such knew very little about the teams they represented

Zone reps aka coaches.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
karnsharda12

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Junior Boys Basketball Provincial Championships   Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:06 pm

the draw is what it is boys these are 16 well deserving teams who get to go to compete at the provincials an should be proud regardless how they finish as for complaining about the draw these are the best teams you have to play somebody when it comes to the provincials theres no such thing as an easy way to the finals or semi finals im excited to see some quality ball good luck to all the teams gonna be a fun weekend
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bball guy

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Junior Boys Basketball Provincial Championships   Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:34 pm

I agree with Karn. The rankings are reasonable and Kelowna will have much to prove at #1. Everyone will be gunning for them.

I'm still liking Tweeds to get to the final even though they are ranked 9th. They have an easier draw and don't want to play teams with established bigs like wrca (sam/peter), churchill(mindy) and mouat (tristan) as they can't score consistently down low against these teams. Teams who don't know them will go into zone defence. Predict Tweeds to challenge the record books on most 3's taken as they are lights out.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sportvictoria

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Junior Boys Basketball Provincial Championships   Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:20 pm

coach fabio wrote:
coach.carter wrote:
Sportvictoria wrote:
Sim wrote:

Zone reps aka coaches.

Smile
Back to top Go down
Sim

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Junior Boys Basketball Provincial Championships   Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:05 pm

It's all good fellas. My apologies if I came across too harsh. Wishing everybody the best of luck. Please try to keep us informed on the board with details.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Junior Boys Basketball Provincial Championships   Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:24 pm

WRCA 84 LV Rogers 51
Kitsilano 55 Skeena 41
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bball guy

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Junior Boys Basketball Provincial Championships   Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:32 pm

Burnaby South 58 Claremont 57
Penticton 55 Churchill 51

Madness !!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
okanaganbball

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Junior Boys Basketball Provincial Championships   Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:51 pm

Wow, #1 Kelowna goes down to #16 Ballenas. Did anyone see the game or see Ballenas play this year? And the second berth out of the Okanagan upsets #3 Churchill! Crazy crazy crazy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sportvictoria

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Junior Boys Basketball Provincial Championships   Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:32 pm

okanaganbball wrote:
Wow, #1 Kelowna goes down to #16 Ballenas. Did anyone see the game or see Ballenas play this year? And the second berth out of the Okanagan upsets #3 Churchill! Crazy crazy crazy.

I'm webcasting "AAA" Islands so I did not see the game but a friend that saw the game said that neither team could shoot. Kelowna was missing wide open 10' jumpers in the middle of the key, all game long. He said neither team shot over 30%.

Lyle Dhur
Sportvictoria
Back to top Go down
Sportvictoria

PostSubject: March 3 results   Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:39 pm

All 16 results are posted and into the tournament tree.

www.sportvictoria.com
Back to top Go down
OldTimer

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Junior Boys Basketball Provincial Championships   Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:41 am

okanaganbball wrote:

Played and saw Ballenas numerous times this year. They ran nothing but zone D, and just squeaked out of Vancouver Island zones with a narrow win over Mark Isfeld. A fast and energetic team, but this result is still a shocker!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
True bball

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Junior Boys Basketball Provincial Championships   Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:45 am

Kelowna just didnt deserve to be #1. They just aren't that good that's why they lost. Ballenas just looked like the better team. Looks like Mcmath has an easy coast to the semis.
Game of the day I think will be smus vs. Kits! Should be a large crowd full of students!
Also, if Mouat and WRCA win their 1st game today it should be another nail biter between them both!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OldTimer

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Junior Boys Basketball Provincial Championships   Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:22 pm

The Ballenas/Kelowna result hopefully quiets some of the voices who complained about Vancouver Island getting 4 berths to this tournament.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TightD

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Junior Boys Basketball Provincial Championships   Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:07 pm

OldTimer wrote:
The Ballenas/Kelowna result hopefully quiets some of the voices who complained about Vancouver Island getting 4 berths to this tournament.

Not at all...Kelowna was an unknown and surprise 1 seed. Ballenas just got thumped by Mcmath and you have Pitt and VC sitting on the sidelines. Did Kelowna even play a tourney in the valley/island/vancouver?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Junior Boys Basketball Provincial Championships   Today at 6:09 pm

Back to top Go down

2011 Junior Boys Basketball Provincial Championships
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next