HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

TOP AAA HIGH SCHOOL GIRL PLAYERS IN NEW BRUNSWICK

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bballer2

PostSubject: TOP AAA HIGH SCHOOL GIRL PLAYERS IN NEW BRUNSWICK    Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:44 pm

hi all, i am new to this forum, who are considered the top 10 or 15 AAA high school GIRL players in NB? point guards? shooting guards? posts? ect??
i know Vanessa Picard will be 1 on everyone's list, but after that?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AA Fan

PostSubject: Re: TOP AAA HIGH SCHOOL GIRL PLAYERS IN NEW BRUNSWICK    Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:07 pm

I agree Picard number one. My top picks by position in no order
Guards - Donahue RHS , Vass HTHS , Belding Sussex
Posts - Kilpatric HVHS , Applebe FHS
Shooters - Leblanc HTHS ,Cadman Tantramar Wilson WHS.
Power Forwards - Gillis AA DP boys team and Goodine AA TVHS .

The young guns category. Collette Rothsay,Grace Wade BMHS, Jess Brown GM AA and Anna Simmonds RNS AA.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bballer2

PostSubject: Re: TOP AAA HIGH SCHOOL GIRL PLAYERS IN NEW BRUNSWICK    Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:19 pm

nice picks- i would agree with all of those, not sure who all is graduating? Cadman in grade 10, i think the others are grade 12?

Last edited by bballer2 on Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AA Fan

PostSubject: Re: TOP AAA HIGH SCHOOL GIRL PLAYERS IN NEW BRUNSWICK    Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:04 pm

Applebe FHS grade 11. All young guns grade 11 or under.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: TOP AAA HIGH SCHOOL GIRL PLAYERS IN NEW BRUNSWICK    Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:23 pm

Top 10 in Grade 12:

1 - Vanessa Pickard (RHS)
2 - Kaylee Kilpatrick (HVHS)
3 - Brittany Gillis (DPCS)
4 - Hilary Goodine (TVHS)
5 - Katie Donahue (RHS)
6 - Samantha Wilson (WHS)
7 - Danielle Leblanc (HTHS)
7 - ??? Belding (SRHS)
8 - MacKenize McHatten (WHS)
9 - Kelly Vass (HTHS)
10 - ????
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bballer2

PostSubject: Re: TOP AAA HIGH SCHOOL GIRL PLAYERS IN NEW BRUNSWICK    Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:32 pm

nice coach DJR. i'm not sure of the 10th spot either.
there are some great grade 10 and 11 players that could be on that list as well. a couple of those are AA- although i'm not sure there is much difference.
depending on the position, some great youger Gaurds and shooting Gaurds that know the game.
also some great post players currently in grade 10 that will be a force the next 2 years.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
student

PostSubject: Re: TOP AAA HIGH SCHOOL GIRL PLAYERS IN NEW BRUNSWICK    Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:37 pm

finally a aaa topic. even if it is girls. but before i make my picks shouldn't we decide the top players are the ones who actually win something. last 4 teams standing this yr were riverview, woodstock, fredericton and mcnaughton. so they have the true players.
post-who actually plays the post anymore? appleby, maddy hiscock. tough strong bigs. who win. kilpatrick? who did she beat? young guns-emm mcleod
power forwards-unless you missed it gillis and goodine are aa. but they were good. just not facing the top competition all yr. of course aafan you probably knew that. what about katie lund. her team actually won. mckatten or rienne coulombe.
small forwards-are transition players and run and score.like pickard. or wilson. they are to peg down because you might think they are a shooting guard. but they got a little size. and they mostly look for the shot first. gr 9 starter for wdstk and g.wade fits here.young guns
shooting guards-m.belding, k.vass, or wilson got some ball handling but more scorer than passer. very important piece of the puzzle. gwade might fit here along with katie daley. as young guns
p guards-get shots for others. move the ball, run the floor, top two played on sat at harbor st. donahoe and anderson are the spark. em hazlett is the young gun
probably missed a few but i tried to stick to the teams that were top of aaa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: TOP AAA HIGH SCHOOL GIRL PLAYERS IN NEW BRUNSWICK    Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:48 pm

A list of underclassmen to watch out for

Amy Applebe - FHS 11
Chelsey Collette - RHS 11
? Cadman - TRHS 10
Grace Wade - BMHS 10
Tori McCarthy - LHHS 11
Gillian McNally - WHS 11
EMily MacLeod - FHS 10
Katie Daley - FHS 9
Jess Brown - GM 11
Anna Simmonds - RNS 11
Alysha Bulman - BMHS 11
???? Foreman - BMHS ??
Holly Jones - RHS 11

There are some ahletic girls currently at ODY as well as I'm not sure of names. And a swath of kids at Rivervies that seem solid and interchangeable.

I'm sure there are some girls who could break the list at a AA level but I haven't seen a lot of those kids in situations vs. so its hard to measure.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
bballer2

PostSubject: Re: TOP AAA HIGH SCHOOL GIRL PLAYERS IN NEW BRUNSWICK    Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:50 pm

student has some nice picks- but can't always pick players on a championship team- not the other girls fauts if not on a strong team or have the players to make you look better.
i have watched alot of these girls all year, very underrated girls that are not mentioned and some very OVERRATED girls mentioned because of doare i say it? showboating!! i won't post them but i can think of a few withou trouble.
and yes it's girls AAA, most other topics on here are boys.....sorry, boys ball bore me to death- again, too much individual play-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AA Fan

PostSubject: Re: TOP AAA HIGH SCHOOL GIRL PLAYERS IN NEW BRUNSWICK    Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:57 pm

Very good picks student. I did forget Mcleod in the young guns.She will be a great post as I believe she is only grade 10. With Applebe and McLeod down low is any going to be able to compete with FHS next year in the paint??As far as my AA picks I realize they did not play at the same level all year as your AAA picks I just think they are there with them. Gillis played boys and faired well and Both her and Goodine have played well for team N.B.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lhhs booster

PostSubject: Re: TOP AAA HIGH SCHOOL GIRL PLAYERS IN NEW BRUNSWICK    Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:38 pm

CoachDJR wrote:
A list of underclassmen to watch out for

Amy Applebe - FHS 11
Chelsey Collette - RHS 11
? Cadman - TRHS 10
Grace Wade - BMHS 10
Tori McCarthy - LHHS 11
Gillian McNally - WHS 11
EMily MacLeod - FHS 10
Katie Daley - FHS 9
Jess Brown - GM 11
Anna Simmonds - RNS 11
Alysha Bulman - BMHS 11
???? Foreman - BMHS ??
Holly Jones - RHS 11

There are some ahletic girls currently at ODY as well as I'm not sure of names. And a swath of kids at Rivervies that seem solid and interchangeable.

I'm sure there are some girls who could break the list at a AA level but I haven't seen a lot of those kids in situations vs. so its hard to measure.

May want to include Nicole Lafleur from LHHS grade 11
Back to top Go down
View user profile
obcnamtaf

PostSubject: Re: TOP AAA HIGH SCHOOL GIRL PLAYERS IN NEW BRUNSWICK    Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:52 pm

hhmmmmm good picks Cdjr...and student liked your analysis as well , except to say Gillis should not be as high on the list because she was AA....SHE PLAYED AGAINST/WITH BOYS AND WAS AN INTEGRAL PART OF A CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM!!! That should have her near the top if not at number 1.......
Would the RHS girls beat the SSHS boys (like DPCS and Gillis did) or DPCS or Harvey ? Now there's a topic for debate... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
student

PostSubject: Re: TOP AAA HIGH SCHOOL GIRL PLAYERS IN NEW BRUNSWICK    Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:40 pm

not downing gillis or goodine just saying that there are few common opponents to make comparisons. and it is a aaa topic.
would rhs beat dp or sshs? nice question. i say very tough matchup. one thing i know is it would be more physical than #7 could take. would have alot to do with balance and depth. rhs is deep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller24

PostSubject: Re: TOP AAA HIGH SCHOOL GIRL PLAYERS IN NEW BRUNSWICK    Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:28 pm

Lets not get carried away here. RHS is a great girls AAA team. It would be way too physical and fast for them to play DP or SSHS.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GM Breaker '84-'88

PostSubject: Re: TOP AAA HIGH SCHOOL GIRL PLAYERS IN NEW BRUNSWICK    Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:59 pm

student wrote:
finally a aaa topic. even if it is girls. but before i make my picks shouldn't we decide the top players are the ones who actually win something. last 4 teams standing this yr were riverview, woodstock, fredericton and mcnaughton. so they have the true players.
post-who actually plays the post anymore? appleby, maddy hiscock. tough strong bigs. who win. kilpatrick? who did she beat? young guns-emm mcleod
power forwards-unless you missed it gillis and goodine are aa. but they were good. just not facing the top competition all yr. of course aafan you probably knew that. what about katie lund. her team actually won. mckatten or rienne coulombe.
small forwards-are transition players and run and score.like pickard. or wilson. they are to peg down because you might think they are a shooting guard. but they got a little size. and they mostly look for the shot first. gr 9 starter for wdstk and g.wade fits here.young guns
shooting guards-m.belding, k.vass, or wilson got some ball handling but more scorer than passer. very important piece of the puzzle. gwade might fit here along with katie daley. as young guns
p guards-get shots for others. move the ball, run the floor, top two played on sat at harbor st. donahoe and anderson are the spark. em hazlett is the young gun
probably missed a few but i tried to stick to the teams that were top of aaa

This has to be one of the most uneducated comments of all time.......really? There have been outstanding players on mediocre or even terrible teams.

Why don't you call the NBA, and tell them to scratch off - Barkley, Ewing, Drexler, Malone, Stockton etc. off the 50 Greatest NBA Players of All Time list because they didn't win anything....

And why are you including Fredericton? what did they win this year? Oh yeah...zippo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
student

PostSubject: Re: TOP AAA HIGH SCHOOL GIRL PLAYERS IN NEW BRUNSWICK    Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:19 pm

"one of the most uneducated" too bad, i was going for the top spot.
yeah. the nba. anyone who played even 1 min in an nba practice has no comparison to " best in nb". course if you are a gr. manan superstar well that glory lives on for ever.
and i see you are abit weak in reading skills like me. i included top four teams which f'ton was top four in senior men and women. we also won both jv championships. now i realize i might need to reach a bit to include your favorites but... things must look different from 2000 km away working in downtown edmonton burger k.
but really do yuo think recruiters can afford to look at players that go 3 and 15 in league play? is this about top achievers or participation?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Defensewinsgames

PostSubject: Re: TOP AAA HIGH SCHOOL GIRL PLAYERS IN NEW BRUNSWICK    Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:19 pm

student wrote:
"one of the most uneducated" too bad, i was going for the top spot.
yeah. the nba. anyone who played even 1 min in an nba practice has no comparison to " best in nb". course if you are a gr. manan superstar well that glory lives on for ever.
and i see you are abit weak in reading skills like me. i included top four teams which f'ton was top four in senior men and women. we also won both jv championships. now i realize i might need to reach a bit to include your favorites but... things must look different from 2000 km away working in downtown edmonton burger k.
but really do yuo think recruiters can afford to look at players that go 3 and 15 in league play? is this about top achievers or participation?

If I am not mistaken, I believe that BMHS beat Fredericton in their own gym to advance to the semi-finals therefore they were in the top 4 and not Fredericton.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
student

PostSubject: Re: TOP AAA HIGH SCHOOL GIRL PLAYERS IN NEW BRUNSWICK    Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:09 am

with a full roster it would have been another ball game. but you play the game and you keep your head up. you know what i mean. from the season we had we were top 4 all yr
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lebronrocks

PostSubject: Re: TOP AAA HIGH SCHOOL GIRL PLAYERS IN NEW BRUNSWICK    Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:33 am

oh oh! Playing the " full roster , woulda won it all" card. Just when someone might think you know what your talking about , you play that card to make your team a top 4 team ? Every team in the province had to play / lose games this season , that might have made a difference for them had they , not had the flu, an injury, whatever.
It is clear now , you are just a BK cheerleader , who is obviously smoking some product while working weekends in the St Mary's smoke shop on the north side. To be top 4 you need to finish top 4. No excuses!
Sorry , that lame excuse , destroys credibiliity in basketball discussions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bballer2

PostSubject: really? really? really?   Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:51 pm

Ok, if you look at the AAA All Star selections, ( picked by the coaches assoc.) tell me why there are players selected that were NOT in the top 4?? Probably half- and yes- there are coaches and scouts that DO go to watch these players that play on teams NOT in the top 4, or NOT on the "radar" as top teams in New Brunswick. There are many girls in AAA and i'm sure AA that have tremendous talent and can actually play the game and NOT be on a top 4 team, so to say the top 10 AAA girl players in NB schould only come from top 4 teams in the province is a sad statement. The problem with some of these posts is the people posting them does NOT see everyone play, because the so called "top 4 teams" play in tournaments what the other teams can't compete in because of the fact that there are 4 to 6 or even more talented girls on the same team......coming from a school with 1100-1500 people! so, let's give credit where credit is due to ALL DESERVING PLAYERS-on great teams, (mediorore teams and weak teams because they don't have the number of girls to select from.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: TOP AAA HIGH SCHOOL GIRL PLAYERS IN NEW BRUNSWICK    Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:29 am

bballer2 wrote:
Ok, if you look at the AAA All Star selections, ( picked by the coaches assoc.) tell me why there are players selected that were NOT in the top 4?? Probably half- and yes- there are coaches and scouts that DO go to watch these players that play on teams NOT in the top 4, or NOT on the "radar" as top teams in New Brunswick. There are many girls in AAA and i'm sure AA that have tremendous talent and can actually play the game and NOT be on a top 4 team, so to say the top 10 AAA girl players in NB schould only come from top 4 teams in the province is a sad statement. The problem with some of these posts is the people posting them does NOT see everyone play, because the so called "top 4 teams" play in tournaments what the other teams can't compete in because of the fact that there are 4 to 6 or even more talented girls on the same team......coming from a school with 1100-1500 people! so, let's give credit where credit is due to ALL DESERVING PLAYERS-on great teams, (mediorore teams and weak teams because they don't have the number of girls to select from.

I won't comment on All-star selections that is another kettle of fish . . . but I think the statements apply some coaches and programs but not all. If you are a top level CIS coach then you are not scouring the mediocre AAA and AA teams of NB looking for a diamond in the rough. You are watching the best teams and best players who know how to be a winner and fit into your program.

Kids like Kaylee Kilpatrick this year and Courtney Thompson last year played on awful high school teams but they won and competed well vs top level competition at provincial and national levels, while putting up strong performances individually vs top teams in high school. They put themselves on the CIS radar.ey. If CIS caoches want a diamond in the rough they will take a chance scouring the 2nd or third level talent from Ont, Qc, or out West looking raw athleticism or size.

Now on the other hand smaller CIS programs or most ACAA coaches need to scour everywhere to find the best potential talent, or undersized shooter/skilled player to get the best kids they can. A lot do particularly the successful ones. KNowing how to compete and win are definitely factors coaches look at and the better you are as a program the better kids you draw and the less you need to take flyers on people. I do believe that there are some CIS coaches/programs who believe their programs are bigger draws and are better then they are so don't take some kids they should be looking at.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
student

PostSubject: Re: TOP AAA HIGH SCHOOL GIRL PLAYERS IN NEW BRUNSWICK    Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:12 am

i think coach djr has made many valid points in this last post. better communication skills than me for sure. good job dude
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TOP AAA HIGH SCHOOL GIRL PLAYERS IN NEW BRUNSWICK    Today at 1:52 am

Back to top Go down

TOP AAA HIGH SCHOOL GIRL PLAYERS IN NEW BRUNSWICK
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1