HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Calgary High School Baskbetall, Championship Predictions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Expert

PostSubject: Calgary High School Baskbetall, Championship Predictions   Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:01 pm

Junior Girls Division 3: Bishop McNally

Junior Girls Division 2: Bowness

Junior Girls Division 1: Western Canada

Junior Boys Division 3: Bishop Carroll

Junior Boys Division 2: Sir Winston Churchill

Junior Boys Division 1: St Mary's

Senior Girls Division 3: Ernest Manning

Senior Girls Division 2: St Francis

Senior Girls Division 1: Sir Winston Churchill

Senior Boys Division 3: James Fowler

Senior Boys Division 2: Notre Dame

Senior Boys Division 1: Bishop Grandin

What Are Your Opinions?? Please Feel free to Reply

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Calgary High School Baskbetall, Championship Predictions   Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:15 pm

I'll throw my picks out there.

Junior Girls Division 3: Father Lacombe

Junior Girls Division 2: Bowness

Junior Girls Division 1: William Aberhart

Junior Boys Division 3: James Fowler

Junior Boys Division 2: Lester B. Pearson

Junior Boys Division 1: St Mary's

Senior Girls Division 3: Ernest Manning

Senior Girls Division 2: St Francis

Senior Girls Division 1: Sir Winston Churchill

Senior Boys Division 3: James Fowler

Senior Boys Division 2: Bowness

Senior Boys Division 1: Bishop Grandin

What do we win?
Back to top Go down
BBALL 10

PostSubject: Re: Calgary High School Baskbetall, Championship Predictions   Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:56 pm

Why Grandin for D1 boys?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Expert

PostSubject: Re: Calgary High School Baskbetall, Championship Predictions   Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:32 pm

@ Bball 10, Bishop Grandin is Improving, there first in the south, And if they there best, they can beat western like they did before
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BBALL 10

PostSubject: Re: Calgary High School Baskbetall, Championship Predictions   Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:20 pm

True True. Well it looks like if both teams win their Tuesday Matchup then theyll meet at Western on thursday for the Semi final, should be interesting
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Calgary High School Baskbetall, Championship Predictions   Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:54 pm

BG is actually second in the south. One game at a time. St Francis first.
Back to top Go down
nikehoop

PostSubject: Re: Calgary High School Baskbetall, Championship Predictions   Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:46 pm

Western. They will definatley beat grandin. I see wisewood coming out of the bottom of the bracket. McNally without Morrison has no chance. I'd like to see Lacombe but I think the size I'd the wisewood will play a difference. Lacombe will have to be lights out from the outside
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BBALL 10

PostSubject: Re: Calgary High School Baskbetall, Championship Predictions   Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:07 pm

The Biggst game is Calgary thus far is gonna be played on Thursday at Western 7pm. Grandin vs Western for a city finals spot, should be one hell of a game. Last home game ever for a lot of the Western players, the gym should be packed I expect.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nikehoop

PostSubject: Re: Calgary High School Baskbetall, Championship Predictions   Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:35 am

hey, just saw some of the scores 109-108 mcnally over wisewood....wow must of been a great game. how many overtimes did they get to?? can someone tell me if morriosn is playing. i dont see how mcnally first, scores 109 without him and how they beat wisewood withhout him..
A friend of mine watched western handle obyrne. I guess ammon p\put on a shooting clinic. from his estimates he said he must of made 8 to 10 three pointers and missed maybe 3-4. lights out/ grandin western...should be fun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Expert

PostSubject: Re: Calgary High School Baskbetall, Championship Predictions   Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:37 pm

ya!!, grandin beats western 87-83
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nikehoop

PostSubject: Re: Calgary High School Baskbetall, Championship Predictions   Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:43 pm

Western minus ammon. Provincials will be different story.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bballspirit

PostSubject: Re: Calgary High School Baskbetall, Championship Predictions   Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:31 am

What do you mean minus Ammon Is he injured? Wow someone will have to play a tough middle of the pack seed right off the bat. Who won the other semi?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BBALL 10

PostSubject: Re: Calgary High School Baskbetall, Championship Predictions   Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:11 am

I went to the Western game. The only way to decribe that night was the unreal. By far the craziest game ever witnessed. Up and down the whole game, big plays all over the place, Emotion like i've never seen before.

The crowds were beyond reality for both sides. Grandin had something to prove, losing to western 3 times last year, and they brought a crowd to back them up. Probably 100 vs 100 western vs grandin fans, you couldnt hear a thing most of the game. My ears were ringing the whole night. Unless you were there, you cant even imagine what it was like, the whole crowd stood for the last 5 minutes of the game and all of OT. Unreal. The gym was packed all around, probably 500 degrees in there.

Props go out to both teams, they played their hearts out and gave everyone a game thatll never be forgotton. Beyond Imagination.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Calgary High School Baskbetall, Championship Predictions   Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:02 am

That was some good ball but there is another game Saturday night before the first goal of winning the city championships is realized. Father Lacombe is just as capable as Western.
Back to top Go down
nikehoop

PostSubject: Re: Calgary High School Baskbetall, Championship Predictions   Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:21 pm

Like I've been telling everyone all season. Number 9 from Lacombe best player on the city. No question about it. He cannot be stopped
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BBALL 10

PostSubject: Re: Calgary High School Baskbetall, Championship Predictions   Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:41 pm

Should be a good game tomorrow too, lots of great players and a ton of very exciting players to watch.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BBALL 10

PostSubject: Re: Calgary High School Baskbetall, Championship Predictions   Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:50 pm

#9 had a rough rough game int he finals. I think he must of gone 5 for 25. Took some realllllly bad shots. Lacombe really depended on #5 and #9 all season to do anything so with a game like that they really had no shot against Grandin.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Calgary High School Baskbetall, Championship Predictions   Today at 7:17 pm

Back to top Go down

Calgary High School Baskbetall, Championship Predictions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1