HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

2011 TRIPLE A BOYS PROVINCIALS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

who takes it this year
Burnaby South
11%
 11% [ 4 ]
RC PALMER
32%
 32% [ 12 ]
MOUAT
11%
 11% [ 4 ]
KELOWNA
13%
 13% [ 5 ]
OTHERS
33%
 33% [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 38

AuthorMessage
And 1

PostSubject: Re: 2011 TRIPLE A BOYS PROVINCIALS    Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:39 am

[quote="bball_6319"]Congrats to Palmer - classy team, coaches and fans. They played hard the entire game. Good luck to Palmer in the final![/quo

I totally agree as Fox fan would have liked a different finish but Palmer has shown class all year and we wish them nothing but the best tomorrow against College. Great game tonight both teams competed well. Palmer did what Fox does to teams just wore them down.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spidey

PostSubject: Re: 2011 TRIPLE A BOYS PROVINCIALS    Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:56 am

called a vs vs palmer final here it is the best team in the 2011 class through out the five years takes it tomorrow !!! we are in for a great day of basketball a fv final rematch and a good rivalry between two teams
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hoopster

PostSubject: Re: 2011 TRIPLE A BOYS PROVINCIALS    Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:06 am

I am a bit surprised that VC beat KSS and Moaut. VC's 3 point shooting kept them in the first half against kss, when KSS dominated the play. Isaih's first half foul trouble was a blessing as he sat most of the first half and then energized VC's defence in the second. If they continue to shoot well they may take it all!

VC by 5 over Palmer Reiner and Isaih co- MVP
Fox vs Moaut
South vs Pitt South looked good vs KSS, but KSS did not show up to play.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stocktonsshorts

PostSubject: Re: 2011 TRIPLE A BOYS PROVINCIALS    Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:56 am

et21 wrote:
a palmer college final would be sweet they battled in grade 8 college won palmer took it in grade 9 id like to see them lay it all on the floor for that last banner

Except for the fact that 3 of College`s starters (Penamn, Solomon, and Theil) came in grade 10. Can`t cheer for that Evil or Very Mad

GO PALMER!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trey

PostSubject: Re: 2011 TRIPLE A BOYS PROVINCIALS    Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:10 pm

Is that true, all three came in grade 10? I knew that the Khan kid did but not those guys. Oh well, it will be a great day of hoops nonetheless. I see Walnut Grove riding the hometown buzz and beating a tired tupper team. Pitt will beat up on a disinterested Burnaby South squad. Fox will edge an impressive Mouat team and Palmer will get by VC in an intense contest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mysh1tdontstink

PostSubject: Re: 2011 TRIPLE A BOYS PROVINCIALS    Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:50 pm

Gonna go with 1.Palmer 2.VC 3.Fox 4. Mouatt 5. BBy South 6. Grove 7. Pitt

What do you think for all stars? I havent watched too many of the games but I'm gonna guess it looks something like this

MVP Vijay Dhillon
All stars
1st Team: Randoj Hare, Mike Zayas, Brett Macdonald, Reiner Theil, Isiah Solomon
2nd Team: Gurminder kang, Scott Hind, Ater Degal, Cole Penman, Larry Blyth
3rd Team: Malcolm Williams, Mitch Ligerwood, Manroop Claire, Billy Cheng, Drake Downer
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller1000

PostSubject: Re: 2011 TRIPLE A BOYS PROVINCIALS    Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:34 pm

stocktonsshorts wrote:
et21 wrote:
a palmer college final would be sweet they battled in grade 8 college won palmer took it in grade 9 id like to see them lay it all on the floor for that last banner

Except for the fact that 3 of College`s starters (Penamn, Solomon, and Theil) came in grade 10. Can`t cheer for that Evil or Very Mad

GO PALMER!!

What you cheer for is up to you. If you are implying anything, then unless you have personal knowledge of why any kid may have transferred, then keep that to yourself.

BTW, Vijay also transferred in Grade 10 as did Manroop.

We are seeing some good basketball right now and here you are, as usual, trying to stir things up. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mikeyb

PostSubject: Re: 2011 TRIPLE A BOYS PROVINCIALS    Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:29 pm

mysh1tdontstink wrote:

What do you think for all stars? I havent watched too many of the games but I'm gonna guess it looks something like this

MVP Vijay Dhillon
All stars
3rd Team: Malcolm Williams, Mitch Ligerwood, Manroop Claire, Billy Cheng, Drake Downer

Let me give this a shot, jut for fun:

1st Palmer, 2nd Van COllege, 3rd Fox, 4th Mouat, 5th Pitt, 6th Kelowna, 7th South, 8th. Walnut

MVP: Vijay Dillion
1st: Billy Cheng, Randoj Hare, Bret MacDonald, Reiner Thiel, Isiah Solomon
2nd: Gurminder Kang, Malcolm Williams, Ater Degal, Matt Trimble, Mitch Goodwin
3rd Team: Mitch Lighterwood, Drake Downer, Mike Zayas, Larry Blyth, Cole Penman
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CharlesII

PostSubject: Re: 2011 TRIPLE A BOYS PROVINCIALS    Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:03 pm

mikeyb wrote:
mysh1tdontstink wrote:

MVP Vijay Dhillon
All stars

Let me give this a shot, jut for fun:

1st Palmer, 2nd Van COllege, 3rd Fox, 4th Mouat, 5th Pitt, 6th Kelowna, 7th South, 8th. Walnut

MVP: Vijay Dillion
1st: Billy Cheng, Randoj Hare, Bret MacDonald, Reiner Thiel, Isiah Solomon
2nd: Gurminder Kang, Malcolm Williams, Ater Degal, Matt Trimble, Mitch Goodwin
3rd Team: Mitch Lighterwood, Drake Downer, Mike Zayas, Larry Blyth, Cole Penman

Cameron Smythe should be there instead of Mitch Ligertwood
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach fabio

PostSubject: Re: 2011 TRIPLE A BOYS PROVINCIALS    Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:52 am

RC Palmer 71 Vancouver College 63

Palmer was a deserving provincial champion after battling back from a 19 to 2 first quarter deficit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CharlesII

PostSubject: Re: 2011 TRIPLE A BOYS PROVINCIALS    Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:57 am

An AMAZING final game to end off a spectacular roller coaster ride this year in Senior Basketball. I think it's safe to say that this has been one of the best years of high school basketball. Props go out to Vancouver College and the Palmer Griffins for a hard fought battle in the final, either could have taken it but in the end players on the Palmer side wanted it more.

Next year is going to be I think one of the GREATEST years in high school senior basketball as the grade 11s have one of the deepest, largest, and most athletic group I have seen in a long time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bball_6319

PostSubject: Re: 2011 TRIPLE A BOYS PROVINCIALS    Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:24 am

Picture of the game for me - http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/4472652.bin?size=620x400. Where did the leprechaun go in the last 5 minutes of the game? Was he warming up the bus? hahahahahaha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
valleyball

PostSubject: Re: 2011 TRIPLE A BOYS PROVINCIALS    Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:34 am

I actually thought he deserved to get decked, as it was totally inappropriate to go to the other end and attempt to create chaos.
Further in the 1st half, he was permitted to get over the fence and jump on the hoop frame during palmer foul shots.

I mean cheering for your team passionately is fine, but being a complete goof is another.

Maybe ranjodh's brother should have popped him one like he did to a similar guy a couple of years ago.

Anyways, coming back from a 19-2 deficit, palmer deserved it, and college lost their shooting rythem in the 3rd. Konar got frustrated and leaving isiah out too long hurt
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hoops-9

PostSubject: Re: 2011 TRIPLE A BOYS PROVINCIALS    Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:36 am

Can someone please post the all-stars?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach Mathew

PostSubject: Re: 2011 TRIPLE A BOYS PROVINCIALS    Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:39 am

Vijay Dhillon was named the tourmament MVP.

The first all-star team included both Dhillon and Ranjodh Hare of the Griffins, Gurminder Kang of W.J. Mouat, Reiner Theil of Vancouver College, and Terry Fox's Bret Macdonald.

The second team: Malcolm Williams (Pitt Meadows), Scott Hind (Terry Fox), Isiah Solomon (Vancouver College), Cameron Smythe (Sir Charles Tupper), Billy Cheng (RC Palmer).

The third team: Drake Downer (Oak Bay), Paul Getz (Walnut Grove), Daniel Edwards (Burnaby South), Mitchell Ligertwood (Heritage Woods), Mike Zayas (RC Palmer)

Most Inspirational: Mitsu Iwai (Pitt Meadows)

Top Defensive Player: Billy Cheng

http://communities.canada.com/theprovince/blogs/high_school_hamper/archive/2011/03/20/miracle-comeback-carries-palmer-past-vancouver-college-71-63-and-griffins-first-bc-hoops-title.aspx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stocktonsshorts

PostSubject: Re: 2011 TRIPLE A BOYS PROVINCIALS    Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:43 am

baller1000 wrote:
stocktonsshorts wrote:
et21 wrote:

GO PALMER!!

What you cheer for is up to you. If you are implying anything, then unless you have personal knowledge of why any kid may have transferred, then keep that to yourself.

BTW, Vijay also transferred in Grade 10 as did Manroop.

We are seeing some good basketball right now and here you are, as usual, trying to stir things up. Rolling Eyes

You're right what I cheer for is up to me and what I cheer for is a group of kids starting something in grade 8 and finishing what they start, win or lose... because that's what I believe high school sports should be about. I don't have any personal knowledge about why those kids transferred and I could care less. What I do know is that they (VC) won the championships in Grade 8 so maybe they should have stuck it out with those same kids. Congratulations Palmer, well deserved!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bballer12

PostSubject: Re: 2011 TRIPLE A BOYS PROVINCIALS    Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:26 am

Two great games tonight Congrats to Fox and to Palmer for their performances.Thumbs down once again to the College fans who must think they are just a little higher class than the rest of us from public schools. Im surprised at their Private school that they dont teach " Class " as nothing seemed to change from the embarrasment they showed at their home tourney.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Scott

PostSubject: Re: 2011 TRIPLE A BOYS PROVINCIALS    Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:38 am

Superb final today. Congratulations to Palmer and their outstanding players, especially Vijay Dhillon who was a very deserving MVP. Venue and organization were excellent as well. I know it is a lot of props, but I feel it needs to be said. Basketball seems to have taken a step ahead in BC.

Well played game VC.....tough loss, but you earned your right to be in the finals.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachb

PostSubject: Re: 2011 TRIPLE A BOYS PROVINCIALS    Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:52 pm

Congratulations to Palmer and Ebe. Finally a bride and not a bride's maid Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trey

PostSubject: Re: 2011 TRIPLE A BOYS PROVINCIALS    Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:29 pm

Does Ebe get to shave that beard now? Good for him and the Palmer team, job well done! The better team won for sure. Kelowna and south must be wondering what went wrong, two former #1 ranked teams came up cold at the wrong time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballertohoop

PostSubject: Re: 2011 TRIPLE A BOYS PROVINCIALS    Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:30 pm

Glad to see Brett Mc Donald in the first all star team - he played a great tournament and I hope he does well with his future career. This young man has stood out above the league for several years in my view - if there was a best and fairest award, my vote would go to him.

Also got the pleasure of watching big year 11 Dawson Perron for Kitsilano on the backcourt yesterday and wonder how they would have fared against Fleetwood had they of used him instead of leaving him on the bench. Believe he scored 15 points - which was a fete in itself due to the lack of passing in the kits game. Will be watching David Burton and Perron next year to see how a new team dynamic improves their game and believe their new point guard who transfered from VC will be a great leader - which is what this team so desperately needs.

Even down to the last game, when most teams were celebrating their last moments of playing together - some kits players still beleived it was all about themselves. As a coach, it was a sad sight to see. Saw the Comosun coaches talking to big man Kirby Johnston but believe he is going to the USA to play.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trey

PostSubject: Re: 2011 TRIPLE A BOYS PROVINCIALS    Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:50 pm

Kits will have much better chemistry next year, couldn't be worse than this year. Didn't see Kits play but good for Perron for getting some action and playing well. If he gets a bit quicker and gains confidence he will have a good year next year. Is Johnston going to Prep school in the states or a college? Nice to see so many Lower Mainland players on the All Star teams, it was a strong year for LM Hoops and looks to be strong again next year too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
asiseeit

PostSubject: well said, Perron actually scored 17 points, no turn overs.   Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:04 pm

ballertohoop wrote:
Glad to see Brett Mc Donald in the first all star team - he played a great tournament and I hope he does well with his future career. This young man has stood out above the league for several years in my view - if there was a best and fairest award, my vote would go to him.

Also got the pleasure of watching big year 11 Dawson Perron for Kitsilano on the backcourt yesterday and wonder how they would have fared against Fleetwood had they of used him instead of leaving him on the bench. Believe he scored 15 points - which was a fete in itself due to the lack of passing in the kits game. Will be watching David Burton and Perron next year to see how a new team dynamic improves their game and believe their new point guard who transfered from VC will be a great leader - which is what this team so desperately needs.

Even down to the last game, when most teams were celebrating their last moments of playing together - some kits players still beleived it was all about themselves. As a coach, it was a sad sight to see. Saw the Comosun coaches talking to big man Kirby Johnston but believe he is going to the USA to play.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BallIsLifeDelta

PostSubject: Re: 2011 TRIPLE A BOYS PROVINCIALS    Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:46 pm

This was a great game Palmer deserved it was a great season in BC
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sim

PostSubject: Re: 2011 TRIPLE A BOYS PROVINCIALS    Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:00 pm

It was electric last night...wonderful facility, excellent fan support and the top 2 teams in the province provided for a great evening. Before I get into the recap...did anyone see that halftime show with the young girls doing their skipping routine...that was worth the price of admission alone.

Congrats to Ebe & Palmer...25+ years...well deserved coach. I don't know too many coaches who are loved by his players as much as Ebe...past & present. I saw McNair & Magee alumni on the court congratulating him after the game.

I took about a dozen friends to the game who haven't watched or followed high school ball in years. They're a bit older and they like to complain about how today's kids are all about themselves. They were blown away by the level of TEAM play. Both finalists were classy and left it on the court. I think the little shooting guard in Palmer(not Vijay or Billy) was the only one who was talking smack in the game. I saw Ebe flip on him. Otherwise all the kids were great. VC's gotten a lot better since Christmas(they've always had slow starts cuz of football season). The Palmer guards and the Irish big men were elite level players. We enjoyed watching Ranjodh(aka Joakim Noah) and Adam Konar. These guys are unsung. I hope Palmer's Jamie can continue his stellar play into grade 11 next year. Great talent. Cole played with a lot of heart for VC last night...might've made a difference if he was healthy. He had no lift on his shots or drives.

I think way too many people are trying to find something wrong with last night...ie.fans and/or transfers. Let's celebrate what was one of the greatest nights of high school ball. Everybody transfers/recruits...and has been for decades. The VC/Palmer fans were great. Maybe a few on each side were idiots...who cares. Palmer had great family support in their fans. VC's school spirit is unmatched. The only school that comes close is Walnut Grove(they're awesome, but they have the advantage of being down the street).

Howard's got Kelowna/VC as 1/2 for next year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2011 TRIPLE A BOYS PROVINCIALS    Today at 10:01 pm

Back to top Go down

2011 TRIPLE A BOYS PROVINCIALS
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next