HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

2011 TRIPLE A BOYS PROVINCIALS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

who takes it this year
Burnaby South
11%
 11% [ 4 ]
RC PALMER
32%
 32% [ 12 ]
MOUAT
11%
 11% [ 4 ]
KELOWNA
13%
 13% [ 5 ]
OTHERS
33%
 33% [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 38

AuthorMessage
baller1000

PostSubject: Re: 2011 TRIPLE A BOYS PROVINCIALS    Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:28 pm

stocktonsshorts wrote:
baller1000 wrote:
stocktonsshorts wrote:
et21 wrote:
a palmer college final would be sweet they battled in grade 8 college won palmer took it in grade 9 id like to see them lay it all on the floor for that last banner

Except for the fact that 3 of College`s starters (Penamn, Solomon, and Theil) came in grade 10. Can`t cheer for that Evil or Very Mad

GO PALMER!!

What you cheer for is up to you. If you are implying anything, then unless you have personal knowledge of why any kid may have transferred, then keep that to yourself.

BTW, Vijay also transferred in Grade 10 as did Manroop.

We are seeing some good basketball right now and here you are, as usual, trying to stir things up. Rolling Eyes

You're right what I cheer for is up to me and what I cheer for is a group of kids starting something in grade 8 and finishing what they start, win or lose... because that's what I believe high school sports should be about. I don't have any personal knowledge about why those kids transferred and I could care less. What I do know is that they (VC) won the championships in Grade 8 so maybe they should have stuck it out with those same kids. Congratulations Palmer, well deserved!

So, transferring from a public school to another public school is OK with you, but public to private is not? Others have said it, keep it on basketball. You are a bitter person that demonstrates the bias that divides what should and could be, a great basketball community made up of all schools.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballertohoop

PostSubject: Re: 2011 TRIPLE A BOYS PROVINCIALS    Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:39 pm

Well said Baller1000 - I think too much blame is focused on independant schools for transfers. Your right = everyone does it - Kitsilano, South, VC, St George, and many other schools both public and private. As long as coaches are not blantantly out there recruiting other teams players I think it should be a personal choice.

Kids and parents not happy with coaches or other team players should be entitled to move on to try another comibination at another school if they so choose. It is allowed in the US system and when I played I did transfer in year 11 from a coach who had no idea what he was doing. As far as my parents were concerned at the time, it was my career, my game that was affected if I stayed with a coach that I did not respect and a team of bad mouthing ball hogs. With so much selfish play going on insome of the lower teams, I wouldn't blame anyone for wanting to transfer to save their own game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JC44

PostSubject: Re: 2011 TRIPLE A BOYS PROVINCIALS    Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:33 pm

Great night of basketball, happy for Ebe and for the Palmer squad,. Mark my words though, Saints are taking it next year!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Scott

PostSubject: Re: 2011 TRIPLE A BOYS PROVINCIALS    Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:47 pm

I do think Saints have a shot at making it all the way next year.....but.... I watched the four play-in games and they will have to significantly improve their shooting if they want to achieve success. Those kids are especially hard working and I would not be surprised if they do it. Deklan Chung will be in grade 11 next year which will make a big difference for the team. Of course VC will also be very strong too.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballertohoop

PostSubject: Re: 2011 TRIPLE A BOYS PROVINCIALS    Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:37 am

"especially hard working" is something that most teams that get to provincials are Mark. They will have a hard run again beating VC to get in and once there - some of the competition for next year will be very tough. But who knows, everyone thought it would be South and Kelowna....you never can tell...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Scott

PostSubject: Re: 2011 TRIPLE A BOYS PROVINCIALS    Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:16 am

When is said they were "especially hard working", I did not mean that they were necessarily harder working than kids from other schools, but that this group is hardworking. We have all been on, or coached, teams that were not dedicated year-round to improving (or only some of the kids were dedicated). I think most of these kids are. That is not always enough but it is important.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballertohoop

PostSubject: Re: 2011 TRIPLE A BOYS PROVINCIALS    Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:24 am

It is important, along with good teamwork and I believe that St George do have that. Maybe after this year they will also have a great amount of hunger to get that spot next year. Good luck to them and all the boys who will be playing next year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballertohoop

PostSubject: Kits bg boys   Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:11 pm

Trey wrote:
Kits will have much better chemistry next year, couldn't be worse than this year. Didn't see Kits play but good for Perron for getting some action and playing well. If he gets a bit quicker and gains confidence he will have a good year next year. Is Johnston going to Prep school in the states or a college? Nice to see so many Lower Mainland players on the All Star teams, it was a strong year for LM Hoops and looks to be strong again next year too.

Was told that Johnston is going to a junior college in San Francisco - 4th ranked in the state so it will be a good program. Wasn't aware this was his first year of basketball - if that is the case - could someone confirm that as I would be surprised - but if it is the case he has a good future. I know the coach he is going to play for and he is a great man - Johnston will do well there . Perron is in serious training also at the moment and I believe this season sitting on the bench will spur him on to re-establish his rightful place on the court. Toughen this giant up - he has the defence Luca Z doesn't - and with Burton, who I believe will be All Star and MVP laiden the upcoming year and Holden - who is also seriously training at the moment - and Kits could be revived. Will be interesting to watch this new team.

How many of the boys are movng onto college basketball - does anyone know please? While the topics are all of the upcoming year and new boys moving up to the gladiator status, we have not given final tribute to the boys moving on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach fabio

PostSubject: Re: 2011 TRIPLE A BOYS PROVINCIALS    Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:11 pm

ballertohoop wrote:
Trey wrote:
Kits will have much better chemistry next year, couldn't be worse than this year. Didn't see Kits play but good for Perron for getting some action and playing well. If he gets a bit quicker and gains confidence he will have a good year next year. Is Johnston going to Prep school in the states or a college? Nice to see so many Lower Mainland players on the All Star teams, it was a strong year for LM Hoops and looks to be strong again next year too.

Was told that Johnston is going to a junior college in San Francisco - 4th ranked in the state so it will be a good program. Wasn't aware this was his first year of basketball - if that is the case - could someone confirm that as I would be surprised - but if it is the case he has a good future. I know the coach he is going to play for and he is a great man - Johnston will do well there . Perron is in serious training also at the moment and I believe this season sitting on the bench will spur him on to re-establish his rightful place on the court. Toughen this giant up - he has the defence Luca Z doesn't - and with Burton, who I believe will be All Star and MVP laiden the upcoming year and Holden - who is also seriously training at the moment - and Kits could be revived. Will be interesting to watch this new team.

How many of the boys are movng onto college basketball - does anyone know please? While the topics are all of the upcoming year and new boys moving up to the gladiator status, we have not given final tribute to the boys moving on.

Actually this is Kirby Johston's second year of basketball at Kits, as he moved from austrailia in grade 11, I believe the college he is going to is burkley junior college.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballertohoop

PostSubject: College ball   Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:57 pm

I think Johnston is going to Berkeley Foothills - great program.I have watched his progress since one of the game reporters/photographers told me his story about almost dying last year - amazing.

I know Malcom at Pitts got UBC - does anyone know where Brett McDonald from Terry Fox got signed to? Interested to know what other talent was picked up?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trey

PostSubject: Re: 2011 TRIPLE A BOYS PROVINCIALS    Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:38 pm

Good for Kirby, not sure what division the school that he is going to is in, couldn't find it online but best of luck to him after what must have been two frustratiing years at Kits. Will he play SF do you think?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach fabio

PostSubject: Re: 2011 TRIPLE A BOYS PROVINCIALS    Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:36 pm

I think that he will be a pf, he is not yet versitile enough to play the sf.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballertohoop

PostSubject: Re: 2011 TRIPLE A BOYS PROVINCIALS    Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:51 pm

Trey wrote:
Good for Kirby, not sure what division the school that he is going to is in, couldn't find it online but best of luck to him after what must have been two frustratiing years at Kits. Will he play SF do you think?

My daughter just looked it up for me - and was able to get some information. It is a Div 3 school - rated 4th in California and makes State Ch every year. School itself rated as one of the top JC in USA. The coach is a big man himself and I am sure he will work Johnston hard over summer. Hope he gets plenty of court time and has a great season. Good on him. These kids sure can shoot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2Ap1LOv25k
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trey

PostSubject: Re: 2011 TRIPLE A BOYS PROVINCIALS    Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:46 pm

Good for him! Gets a chance to see a bit of the world and play a game he loves. All the best to the Big Man!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2011 TRIPLE A BOYS PROVINCIALS    Today at 11:00 pm

Back to top Go down

2011 TRIPLE A BOYS PROVINCIALS
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6