HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

2011 TRIPLE A BOYS PROVINCIALS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

who takes it this year
Burnaby South
11%
 11% [ 4 ]
RC PALMER
32%
 32% [ 12 ]
MOUAT
11%
 11% [ 4 ]
KELOWNA
13%
 13% [ 5 ]
OTHERS
33%
 33% [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 38

AuthorMessage
hoopnharm

PostSubject: Re: 2011 TRIPLE A BOYS PROVINCIALS    Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:20 pm

Gleneagle's put up a good fight with tough man to man d but ultimately haven't been able to get anything going on offense. no answer for Kelowna's trapping 2-3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle.J

PostSubject: Re: 2011 TRIPLE A BOYS PROVINCIALS    Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:24 pm

Burnaby South might actually lose to Oak Bay today should be a good one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spidey

PostSubject: Re: 2011 TRIPLE A BOYS PROVINCIALS    Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:34 pm

Kyle.J wrote:
Burnaby South might actually lose to Oak Bay today should be a good one.

Do you really believe that i call south by 20
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mysh1tdontstink

PostSubject: Re: 2011 TRIPLE A BOYS PROVINCIALS    Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:58 pm

Predictions for tomorrow

Fox over Pitt: is 3rd time a charm for Pitt? I think Fox big 4 of Hind, Macdonald, Trimble and Slater get it done
RC Palmer over Herritage: RC by about 25, I don't think Herritage can keep up with their pace
South over Mouat: BBY South has too much talent for Mouat to stand a chance
Kelowna over College: look for college to surprise and battle hard making up for the way they played way back during the beagle, but just not enough size
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachS

PostSubject: Re: 2011 TRIPLE A BOYS PROVINCIALS    Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:06 am

Burnaby South 78 Oak Bay 72

Close game throughout. Gutsy performance by Oak Bay. They had about 10 (or so) 3's and battled hard for some second chance points. Not a great game for South - Individual skill got them through this one. They'll need to step up on defence tomorrow if they hope to beat Mouat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spidey

PostSubject: Re: 2011 TRIPLE A BOYS PROVINCIALS    Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:52 am

yeah south dodged a bullet so did mouat and heritage i wouldve liked an upset in 2/3 games
Back to top Go down
View user profile
And 1

PostSubject: Re: 2011 TRIPLE A BOYS PROVINCIALS    Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:44 am

anyone know where i can find the Box score stats for the games yesterday.

Dont expect any upsets today. College / Kelowna game and Pitt / Fox should be the closest but figure we will have

Palmer vs Fox and Kelowna vs South in the final four
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Scott

PostSubject: Langley Venue   Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:30 pm

I was concerned that the Langley Events Centre would be too sterile and hockey-oriented for basketball, but it's not the case. The organizers have done an excellent job organizing the AAAs and it is a great venue. The facilities are superb all-around and it is a much better environment for basketball than the Agridome. No doubt that it is a long way to drive out there (for me anyway), but given the amount of driving most parents and coaches do, a few extra miles is not much to ask for a four days of BC's best high school basketball. It will be interesting to see whether there are enough good seats between the end lines when the finals come around, but they can fix that with better end-zone seating for future events if it becomes a problem. Anyway, nice work!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hoopster

PostSubject: Re: 2011 TRIPLE A BOYS PROVINCIALS    Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:15 pm

There was some great basketball played on Day 1 at LEC.

Fox vs Pitt Fox played a very strong game against Tupper, McDonald looked like he is 100%

Heritage vs Palmer Palmer should make it all the way to the finals

South vs Mouat South a little cocky perhaps in game 1, but likely won't play like that again in the tournie.

KSS vs VC Tough game to call, after being emberassesd at the Legal Beagle they should have their A game. KSS proved they can shoot poorly and still win.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach fabio

PostSubject: Re: 2011 TRIPLE A BOYS PROVINCIALS    Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:42 pm

And 1 wrote:
anyone know where i can find the Box score stats for the games yesterday.

Dont expect any upsets today. College / Kelowna game and Pitt / Fox should be the closest but figure we will have

Palmer vs Fox and Kelowna vs South in the final four

You can find the box scores at basketball bc's website, just click on AAA boys provincials and then there is a list of all the games and scores, if you click on the game you have an option of looking at the box scores.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pooch

PostSubject: Re: 2011 TRIPLE A BOYS PROVINCIALS    Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:27 pm

The facility is excellent, but I thought most of the top seeds played very poorly day one.
All but VC had teams that should not have given them much opposition at all, but did not play well.
VC were expected to be in tough and were, but played well in the second half to put Walnut Grove away.
I expect all will play much better today.
Looking forward to seeing if the jitters are gone and we get some great basketball.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bball_6319

PostSubject: Re: 2011 TRIPLE A BOYS PROVINCIALS    Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:18 pm

So much for South - Mouat showed how playing like a team wins games. Maybe next year for Degal, Edwards and the bunch. Was I reading the program right? Edwards and Degal are only in grade 11?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hoopnharm

PostSubject: Re: 2011 TRIPLE A BOYS PROVINCIALS    Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:51 pm

Edwards may be grade 11, but I'm sure Ater is in the class of 2011
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach Mathew

PostSubject: Re: 2011 TRIPLE A BOYS PROVINCIALS    Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:00 am

hoopnharm wrote:
Edwards may be grade 11, but I'm sure Ater is in the class of 2011

Both are grade 12s.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach fabio

PostSubject: Re: 2011 TRIPLE A BOYS PROVINCIALS    Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:27 am

I thought they were grade 12s also but the program states that they are both grade 11s, maybe it was a type-o?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mocu

PostSubject: VC over KSS   Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:04 am

Looks like VC will play Mouat in the Semi's. Final 4
Palmer vs Fox
Mouat vs VC
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spidey

PostSubject: Re: 2011 TRIPLE A BOYS PROVINCIALS    Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:21 am

And 1 wrote:
Dear Burnaby South,

Thanks for showing us that cockiness and a lack of team work will bite you in the butt !!!! Karmas a B_ _ _ H
and it looks good on you all including coaches..

Personally wanted mouat to win after they stayed so composed vs fleetwood and found that they actually work as a unit south barely won vs oak bay and they did that off individual talent never the less good luck to ater in playing after high school and should be some good games tomorrow.
Mouat Vs VC
RC palmer vs Fox

a palmer college final would be sweet they battled in grade 8 college won palmer took it in grade 9 id like to see them lay it all on the floor for that last banner
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bballer12

PostSubject: Re: 2011 TRIPLE A BOYS PROVINCIALS    Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:07 am

And 1 wrote:
Dear Burnaby South,

Thanks for showing us that cockiness and a lack of team work will bite you in the butt !!!! Karmas a B_ _ _ H
and it looks good on you all including coaches..

I totally agree..i get a chuckle watching them warm up nothing but dunk after dunk. I watch Edwards warm up with lots of slams but when it comes to the game 3 missed lay ups ...hmmmmm
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pooch

PostSubject: Re: 2011 TRIPLE A BOYS PROVINCIALS    Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:03 pm

Guys, lets remember these are kids who have just seen their dream die.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
insider

PostSubject: Re: 2011 TRIPLE A BOYS PROVINCIALS    Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:33 pm

Nice to see 4 teams that are very well deserving of the final 4. All four teams show great work ethic and a lot of teamwork. Mouat and Palmer are two of the fastest teams in the province and that would be an amazing final. Mouat's stifling 1-3-1 hybrid zone is really messing with teams right now.

However VC looks to be very tough right now and their full court man to man just seems to be wearing teams down in the second half. I wouldn't count fox out either, especially the way palmer has shot the ball last two games. That 1-3-1 could be trouble if Fox can find a way to keep Ranjodh off the glass...kid is a beast!

Tough loss for B. South, great individual players but doesn't look like they have great chemistry when they play together on the court. That's what happens when their main guys do the bulk of the scoring while the others stand and watch. South will be dangerous next year if Manroop can avg 15-20pts and 10-15 assists next year. That's the only way I see South having a chance at winning it next year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Baller106

PostSubject: Re: 2011 TRIPLE A BOYS PROVINCIALS    Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:38 pm

Wow! I'm so surprised that Burnaby south AND kelowna are knocked out already. I though we would see one of them in the finals
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Scott

PostSubject: Super 8   Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:03 pm

Four excellent games yesterday. Palmer has some impressive team speed, ball skills and finishing ability. Their guards were a pleasure to watch and Dhillon can flat out play - he is a terror on both ends of the court. Mouat's zone stifled Burnaby S., but their overall speed and finishing ability surprised BS too. There are four deserving teams in the semis.

The overall level of basketball and skills seem better than previous years, although there are no players who have it all as clear high D1 level players. Lots of outstanding CIS talent. The top teams are all well-coached. I think Palmer will take it all, but if Mouat gets by VC (which is not clear - VC's Theil and Tolentino have the edge up front) they will give them a run in a track meet final.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trey

PostSubject: Re: 2011 TRIPLE A BOYS PROVINCIALS    Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:51 pm

Mouat looks extremely confident and if their shooting stays hot they will be dangerous especially since they are underdogs and the rest of the Final Four teams expected to be there. I have been impressed by the quality of play and coaching from all of the teams thus far. Most games I saw were close until the fourth quarter and this speaks well for the quality of coaching the kids enjoy in BC. Well done to all of the competitors and coaches who have given up so much time in order to earn a berth at The Big Dance. I really like how the venue allows you to check on consolation games in te other gym. I watched a few of those and I really have respect for how hard those kids played even though their chance to win it all was gone. Really cool to see some teams bring up junior players to get a feel for what it is like to play on such a big stage. Looking forward to tonight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bballer12

PostSubject: Re: 2011 TRIPLE A BOYS PROVINCIALS    Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:42 pm

Will we be able to watch the semi final games over the internet ??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bball_6319

PostSubject: Re: 2011 TRIPLE A BOYS PROVINCIALS    Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:30 am

Congrats to Palmer - classy team, coaches and fans. They played hard the entire game. Good luck to Palmer in the final!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2011 TRIPLE A BOYS PROVINCIALS    Today at 9:04 am

Back to top Go down

2011 TRIPLE A BOYS PROVINCIALS
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next