HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

2011 AAA Predictions (No private vs public or seeding debates PLEASE!!)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Naismith

PostSubject: 2011 AAA Predictions (No private vs public or seeding debates PLEASE!!)   Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:26 am

So which teams do you think are going to survive the Tuesday games?

I'm going with no upsets on day 1:

Pitt over Caledonia
Kits over Fleetwood
Gleneagle over PG
Tammy over Mt. Baker

Back to top Go down
View user profile
okanaganbball

PostSubject: Re: 2011 AAA Predictions (No private vs public or seeding debates PLEASE!!)   Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:50 am

The only even remotely possible plausible upsets would be Fleetwood over Kits and/or Caledonia over Pitt.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JrWildcats

PostSubject: Re: 2011 AAA Predictions (No private vs public or seeding debates PLEASE!!)   Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:43 am

how about Wednesday Tupper vs Fox? any predictions for that game? should be an interesting show especially this early in the tournament. I want to say Tupper but cant be too sure...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bballer12

PostSubject: Re: 2011 AAA Predictions (No private vs public or seeding debates PLEASE!!)   Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:20 am

JrWildcats wrote:
how about Wednesday Tupper vs Fox? any predictions for that game? should be an interesting show especially this early in the tournament. I want to say Tupper but cant be too sure...

Fox is playing well right now. They had won 14 straight going into their game versus Mouatt unfortunately for them they were missing team leader Matt trimble for the Fraser Valleys but should be back for the provincials. What i have seen of Tupper is a solid team but a very short bench ( no more than 6 or 7 deep )Fox has a much deeper bench.

Its going to be a great game and would've been nice to be the feature game on the wednesday but i will say Fox by 6.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mysh1tdontstink

PostSubject: Re: 2011 AAA Predictions (No private vs public or seeding debates PLEASE!!)   Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:13 pm

1. Kits
2. Glen
3. Tammy
4. Pitt

7. Herritage Woods
8. Mouatt
9. Palmer
10.VC
11. Terry Fox
12. Kelowna
13. Pitt Meadows
14. Burnaby South
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sportvictoria

PostSubject: Re: 2011 AAA Predictions (No private vs public or seeding debates PLEASE!!)   Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:28 pm

mysh1tdontstink wrote:

1. Kits
2. Glen
3. Tammy
4. Pitt

7. Herritage Woods
8. Mouatt
9. Palmer
10.VC
11. Terry Fox
12. Kelowna
13. Pitt Meadows
14. Burnaby South

On Tuesday;
... I think Kits could have thier hands full.

On Wednesday;
... I think the best first round game will be Dover/Pitt... I think that could go either way.
... Argyle, I think, has the ability to do some chopping of in Heritage Woods.
... If Tupper can stay out of foul trouble and avoid going to their bench, then there will be a good game there as well.

But, in the end, I think those picks look pretty good.

What does Shorts, our Zen Master of picks, think?

Lyle Dhur
Sportvictoria
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Sportvictoria.com
spidey

PostSubject: Re: 2011 AAA Predictions (No private vs public or seeding debates PLEASE!!)   Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:15 pm

Sportvictoria wrote:
mysh1tdontstink wrote:

1. Kits
2. Glen
3. Tammy
4. Pitt

7. Herritage Woods
8. Mouatt
9. Palmer
10.VC
11. Terry Fox
12. Kelowna
13. Pitt Meadows
14. Burnaby South

On Tuesday;
... I think Kits could have thier hands full.

On Wednesday;
... I think the best first round game will be Dover/Pitt... I think that could go either way.
... Argyle, I think, has the ability to do some chopping of in Heritage Woods.
... If Tupper can stay out of foul trouble and avoid going to their bench, then there will be a good game there as well.

But, in the end, I think those picks look pretty good.

What does Shorts, our Zen Master of picks, think?

Lyle Dhur
Sportvictoria

Yeah they could fleetwoods a good team and kits wont have a easy game
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stocktonsshorts

PostSubject: Re: 2011 AAA Predictions (No private vs public or seeding debates PLEASE!!)   Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:55 pm

OK, I am going to give my daily picks the night before each day. I will also pick at least one upset each day, just to spice things up Laughing So i will only give you Tuesday right now.
On day 1 I am going with a valley sweep:

This means that my upset pick is Fleetwood over Kits. Think it will be close, and if Fleetwood shooters can knock some down there's our first upset. The other 3 games have potential to be 20+ point wins especially with 2 teams being ranked in the top 10 all year.

Tammy over Mt. Baker
Gleneagle over Prince George and
Pitt Meadows over Caledonia

Good luck to all, it's gonna be fun!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Naismith

PostSubject: Fleetwood/Kits   Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:11 pm

Don't have the final score but we have the first upset of the tourney. Fleetwood won by 1.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hoopster

PostSubject: Re: 2011 AAA Predictions (No private vs public or seeding debates PLEASE!!)   Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:15 pm

Tuesday
Tamanawis VS Mt Baker
Pitt meadows VS Caledonia
Gleneagle VS Prince George
Kitsilano VS Fleetwood Park This one will be the only close game on Tues

Wednesday

Heritage Woods VS Argyle Have not seen Argyle play this season. Lots of preseason hype!
Palmer VS Tamanwis Is Tamanwis finally going to play to their potential?
Fox VS Tupper The game of the night!
Pitt VS Dover Seedings should be reversed, so Pitt winning is no upset!

VC VS Grove I stand corrected, this will be the other game of the night.
KSS VS Gleneagle Is KSS finally healthy?
South VS Oak Bay South 6th seed they will play with a chip on their shoulder.
Moaut VS Kits Kits will have to play well against Moaut as they have found their A game recently

Palmer should easily be a finalist. The bottom half of the draw will be a battle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stocktonsshorts

PostSubject: Re: 2011 AAA Predictions (No private vs public or seeding debates PLEASE!!)   Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:52 pm

OK ball fans I'm off and running 4 for 4 on day 1 with the upset pick coming through and the other 3 fairly comfortable... on to Wednesday's main draw:

Game 1: Heritage over Argyle Heritage very impressive at the valleys, their big 3 to cause Argyle problems.
Game 2: Mouat over Fleetwood Mouat continue their impressive late season form and have too much for this year's upstart team.
Game 3: Palmer over Tammy Palmer's pace too much for a bigger Tamanawis as they run them out of the gym.
Game 4: W. Grove over College Today's upset pick. Grove playing in their back yard not intimidated by the private school boys.
Game 5: Terry Fox over Tupper Tough to pick, but Fox bounces back from valley final with a focussed effort also Matt T. is back.
Game 6: Kelowna over Gleneagle Kelowna's size and toughness a little much for a spirited guard heavy team from glenaeagle.
Game 7: Pitt over Dover Bay Pitt meadows gets a game under their belt and wins a hard fought battle against a solid dover team.
Game 8: B South over Oak Bay South's experience at the BC's last year pays off as they are better prepared for the bright lights.

Should be a great day of games, good luck to all teams!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lefon Jang

PostSubject: Re: 2011 AAA Predictions (No private vs public or seeding debates PLEASE!!)   Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:23 am

stocktonsshorts wrote:
OK ball fans I'm off and running 4 for 4 on day 1 with the upset pick coming through and the other 3 fairly comfortable... on to Wednesday's main draw:

Game 4: W. Grove over College Today's upset pick. Grove playing in their back yard not intimidated by the private school boys.

So far so good stockdonsshorts but this is going to be the pick that’ll end your streak. VC is too experienced and too good to be knocked out of the second round.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Naismith

PostSubject: Re: 2011 AAA Predictions (No private vs public or seeding debates PLEASE!!)   Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:35 am

Well, I'm only 3/4 on the first day. I need to get a hold of stocktonshort's crystal ball......

My picks for day 2:

Game 7: Heritage Woods over Argyle
Game 8: Fleetwood over Mouat - my big upset - Fleetwood played a great game today and I like fairy tales.
Game 9: Palmer over Tamanawis
Game 10: Van College over Walnut Grove
Game 11: Tupper over Terry Fox - my other upset
Game 12: Kelowna over Gleneagle
Game 13: Pitt over Dover Bay
Game 14: Burnaby South over Oak Bay
[left]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Naismith

PostSubject: Re: 2011 AAA Predictions (No private vs public or seeding debates PLEASE!!)   Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:20 am

Day 3 predictions:

Game 21: Pitt over Fox
Game 22: Palmer over Heritage
Game 23: Burnaby over Mouat
Game 24: Kelowna over VC
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stocktonsshorts

PostSubject: Re: 2011 AAA Predictions (No private vs public or seeding debates PLEASE!!)   Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:33 am

Okay, 7/8 today with only my upset pick going the wrong way makes the two day total 11/12 Laughing Some interesting games today and most noticeably some top seeds not looking top notch! Should make for some more interesting results the rest of the way. Here go my picks for day 3:

Consolation Round:

Walnut Grove over Gleneagle Grove bounces back from disappointing loss with a more controlled effort over a tired glenaeagle team.
Fleetwood Park over Oak Bay Both teams coming off of close losses, the cinderella dragons also bounce back.
Tamanawis over Argyle Tamanawis too much inside and out for their North Van opponents.
Tupper over Dover Bay My upset pick for today... Tupper big men get it done versus a dissappointed island champ.

Championship Round:

Terry Fox over Pitt 3rd game catches up to Pitt,as Fox hits their stride versus valley north rival.
Palmer over Heritage Palmer's pace still an issue, although this one may be closer than people think.
South over Mouat Battle of two teams who underperformed on day 2. South a little more athletic and more offensive.
Kelowna over college Game of the night. Kelowna's size and zone too much for a srappy college team.

As usual good luck to all, should be entertaining!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2011 AAA Predictions (No private vs public or seeding debates PLEASE!!)   Today at 5:28 am

Back to top Go down

2011 AAA Predictions (No private vs public or seeding debates PLEASE!!)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1