HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

I know its early but any predictions for the U16 this year?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bigmac29

PostSubject: I know its early but any predictions for the U16 this year?   Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:56 am

Is there going to be U15 players from last year playing for U17?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: I know its early but any predictions for the U16 this year?   Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:08 pm

I can't speak for the boys side but on the girls side their will almost certainly have to be. (Depending on who tries out of course). Grace Wade as a u16 aged player may be the best ballhandler in the group and depending on what post options they have the u15's big girls from nationals last year might be a better option.

A lot will depend on who coaches which team I would expect. What do they want? What are their goals? Are they looking down the line or at this one team this summer?

Remember that ahoever takes the u17 team this year may not get it again next year. They would have to apply and then get the two year commitment to u17 that comes with a Canada games years. Since the next u17 coach will be selected for a two year commitment leading into and at Canada Games (and there is no quarantee that either the u17 or u16 coach this summer would be the one to get it) then it is hard for them to make an argument for grooming players if they are not going to be there again. Though is BNB moves to a system of all summer teams playing the same principles and can get coacehs to buy in it may be less of an issue.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bigmac29

PostSubject: Re: I know its early but any predictions for the U16 this year?   Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:40 pm

any predictions for the u16 roster?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hardfouls

PostSubject: Re: I know its early but any predictions for the U16 this year?   Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:54 pm

Typically the under aged players who make U17 are bigs. That would put kids like Eric Nissen, Ben McPherson and Jake Livingston as front runners for a spot.

As for U16 that's nearly impossible to predict. That's the provincial team that suffers the most from kids choosing not to participate. Last year's U15 & U15D had a lot of very good players and several that were cut that played very well this past year in JV (ex. Davies from FHS). U16 good be a very good team if everyone came out for the team.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.hardfouls.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I know its early but any predictions for the U16 this year?   Today at 12:45 am

Back to top Go down

I know its early but any predictions for the U16 this year?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1