HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

2011-2012 Season

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
rebelsbasketbal

PostSubject: 2011-2012 Season   Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:15 am

Which 4A team will be the team to beat?

Personally, I think it will be Harry Ainlay. Most of their starters are coming back and at least two of their players have been in the senior team since grade 10. Ainlay offers experience and team chemistry— key components in becoming successful at the high school level.

Kyle will become the next Jimmer Fredette. The Mormon has range and his shooting percentage will only get better. He'd be tougher to defend once his left hand dribble-and-spin is as smoothly as Sebastian's (JP). In addition to Kyle, Ainlay will have a strong front court with Keith. He showed a lot of talent this year, leaping from his raw days in grade 10. His senior year could only mean more great things to come!

In retrospect, talk is cheap. It's really about what the players do in the off-season to improve their quality of play and become better than what they are now.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
nikehoop

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Season   Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:11 pm

The next jimmer? Wow that's a bold statement. Actually that's probably one of the most ridiculous cOmments vie heard in a long time. If he was anything like jammer his team would not have won provincials they would of not had a problem. Jimmer puts up 30+ at the NCAA level. Seriously u are mental
I don't think u understand the difference in level of play of ball between us and Canadian ball. U could take a top high school team from down south and they would easily handle careltoon university. Canadas prized basketball school. Stop saying dumb things
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PHD2

PostSubject: 2011 2012 season   Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:52 pm

I am new to this forum, thought I would check it out after watching high school basketball for several years. The juvenile remarks are unfortunate. I thought it would be a sight where I could find information not silly tit for tat spats!
As for the comment about the Ainlay player being the next Jimmer, it may be bold but who cares. I think the author was merely talking about the player's shooting range. The game between Ainlay and Western was one of the best high school games ever played in Alberta, the shooting percentage from the 3 point line was higher in the 2 overtimes than the NBA average and the NCAA's. Those are facts, not opinions.
More facts. If you think US high schools teams could compete with CIS schools, we probably will never know. However, if you want to do research you can see that Carelton as well as many CIS schools play NCAA schools every year. Yes, they usually lose but they do win some and compete against some of the top schools. Carelton has played Kentucky and was not blown out a few years ago, in fact read the comments of the Kentucky coach on the quality of play of the CIS schools.
IF you want to argue your side use intelligent arguments backed with facts, and leave the school yard name calling out of it. It is the same with the comments about Jimmy Ralph. The kid is an amazing player and all the personal attacks are not warranted. Enjoy this great game and put some civility back into this forum please.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iknowball

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Season   Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:34 pm

First of all, I was at that incredible game on Friday (western against Ainlay). And those boys are very talented and played well under pressure. I don't even think the provincial final was that exciting!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nikehoop

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Season   Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:50 pm

Ill definitely leave you facts. Looking at some scores from this season Kentucky handles Winsor and western by 20+ points without many if there studs. Freshman sensation Brandon knight took over vs western a that was without two other of there recruits lamb and another player.
South Dakota state who is a middle of the pack team in their conference finishes NCAA season at 20-12 not even close to being a NCAA tourney team handles Winnipeg 104-50 and beats another team by 30+.

Ball in Canada is getting better but please do not compare teams to those of the states and tell me it is competitive. Some players have what ut takes, no question you have myck kabongo( who plays hS ball in navada) as one of the top recruits. Pantos who will be going to gonzaga and a handful of other great talents. But please do not even talk about teams becausethe kcal of overall team ball is like saying us hockey teams can compete with us Canadian teams.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rebelsbasketbal

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Season   Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:52 am

nikehoop, first off, you're comparing Jimmer's Senior year COLLEGE STATS to Petereson's Junior year HIGH SCHOOL STATS. That is like comparing apples to oranges. I thought people knew better that comparing such things are a no-no; I guess some people lack common sense. If you don't already know, Jimmer's Grade 12 scoring stats are similar to Kyle's Grade scoring 11 stats. In Kyle's junior year, he's already accomplished what Jimmer did in Grade 12. So, if Kyle continues to improve, he could possibly be the next Jimmer. That "bold statement" is justified on facts.
Lastly, I know that Ainlay lost in provincials, but guess what, Jimmer NEVER WON state either.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rebelsbasketbal

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Season   Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:57 am

and by scoring stats, I mean average points per game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bballjunkie

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Season   Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:11 pm

That is just ridiculous. Peterson is a good athlete, but he has a lot to improve on before he goes anywhere.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nikehoop

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Season   Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:46 am

this peterson kid plays in edmonton.....thtas all i have to say, jimmy ralph avg over 30 his career, guess hes the next kobe.....ur an idiot.
im sure this kid is good, put like u said dont compare apples to oranges......
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iknowball

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Season   Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:17 pm

Look at this!!

Harry Ainlay   121  2OT                                 
7 Lyndon Annetts   34 points                         
5 Kyle Peterson  31  points                             

BAM!!

Harry Ainlay 107                                                                  
5 Kyle Peterson 22 points                                                
8 Sebastian Cava 22 points

Harry Ainlay 78                                                                   Ross Sheppard 73
7 Lyndon Annetts 20 points                                             
13 Keith Gerdis 19 points                                                          

Back to top Go down
View user profile
PHD2

PostSubject: Manners   Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:24 pm

Again Nikehoop, the issue is about civility and manners.
Your name calling is inappropriate, and juvenile. However, I suppose you are that age where you lack the intellectuall ability to discuss something without resorting to insults. As for your facts, you have chosen 2 or 3 games where CIS teams lost to NCAA teams. Take the whole pciture. I stated most of the time CIS schools have lost to NCAA schools. Your argument was that a high school team in the USA would beat CIS schools, something I disagree with. I will take the words of the Kentucky coach - it is called credibility over your view points. I grew up in the era when the game was played without trash talk. That attitude seems to have crept into this forum.
I will continue to use this forum for information but as my grand daddy said "When you roll in the mud with the pigs, you get dirty - and the pigs enjoy it"
Best of luck to the Peterson kid next year. Next Jimmer or not, he will be a joy to watch.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nikehoops7

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Season   Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:12 pm

Ainlay will be the team to beat. Without a doubt. They had a very young team this year, and with Peterson, Annetts and Gerdes, the titans will be almost unstoppable. ( Provided Gerdes and Peterson stay out of foul trouble that is).

One thing to note with the stats from provs that IKnowBall posted, is that #8 Sebastian Cava is not on ainlay's team, and that he in fact was on JP's, therefore clearly not the 2nd top scorer for the Titans.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Season   Today at 1:10 pm

Back to top Go down

2011-2012 Season
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1