HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

4A Provincials

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

PostSubject: 4A Provincials   Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:43 am

Okay so I watched most of the top games last weekend of the provincials and one thing that came up in semis and finals was clutch play. My perspective would be that western had the most clutch plays and players despite not winning. Congrats to Raymond for winning it all and they played well all weekend. A few players from western showed up out of no where playing big. Ammon played well in semis but fouled so minifree came in and hit a few threes and didn't seem like Ammon was fouled out. #10 from western (a strange name) came up big in the dying minutes of the fourth and thru out the 2 overtimes, hit maybe 5 threes in that 15 span on playing and got a few crucial steals to send it into overtime. Props to #21 for hitting the game winning free throw and playing very well, he rebounded, defended and score in the last 15 minutes before hitting his clutch free throw. #12 from western I think had a block to sav them from losing and a very crucial charge, bench player came up big in the end. One thing is that whyte kid isn't all that from what I heard, he did play well at times but was also selfish. Congrats to western for giving Raymon a fight an congrats to Raymond for winning but the game of the provincials was Western vs Ainley.

So what so y'all think? Agree with this or not?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: 4A Provincials   Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:07 pm

Raymond was the class of the province all year and obviously the best team won gold, but without a doubt the game of provincials was Western vs. Ainlay. Both teams fought their A$$es off for over two hours and neither one of them gave in. Yes Crowfoot fouled out, but not before collecting 31 points. Whyte played very well and ate up a ton of minutes. Trebulski did what he does and battled hard all game.
For Ainaly, I thought Annets was unbelievable in the first half. He missed probably ten minutes of the second half due to cramps, but he still finished with 34 and a lot of boards. Their big men, Gerdes and Bergen, played well all night on the boards. Peterson also had a great game and finished with 31. Patterson got into foul trouble early, but he managed to stay in the game as well and seemed to be a steadying influence on their younger guys.
The difference in my view was Western's depth. Their bench players came in and they didn't miss a beat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: 4A Provincials   Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:44 pm

Lets not overlook the final and Brad Baker coming up huge time and time again on Western. Grade 11 who had sore shoulders from carrying his team through a few stretches in the 4th. Hit some big 3's and went to the hole time after time; not to mention 20 rebs. All and all great Tourney! Congrats to everyone!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 4A Provincials   Today at 4:02 pm

Back to top Go down
4A Provincials
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HoopLife Forums :: High School :: Alberta-
Jump to: